PDA

View Full Version : business jet

Aero Dana
February 15th 06, 12:02 PM
I have tried to research this immensely online but cannot find the
answer...so if someone does know this offhand it would be an immense
aid.

L-3's Electronic Standby Instrument System (ESIS) on business jets...
it can be incorporated into the ProLine 21 or Primus platform?

How much does an ESIS sell for?

Jim Macklin
February 15th 06, 01:03 PM
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

My guess is about 1/4 million.

"Aero Dana" > wrote in message
ups.com...
|I have tried to research this immensely online but cannot
find the
| answer...so if someone does know this offhand it would be
an immense
| aid.
|
| L-3's Electronic Standby Instrument System (ESIS) on
business jets...
| it can be incorporated into the ProLine 21 or Primus
platform?

| How much does an ESIS sell for?

Flyingmonk
February 15th 06, 02:34 PM
I'd say that if the person can afford a business jet one is pretty well
off already.

The Monk
Jim Macklin wrote:
> If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
>
> My guess is about 1/4 million.
>

> "Aero Dana" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> |I have tried to research this immensely online but cannot
> find the
> | answer...so if someone does know this offhand it would be
> an immense
> | aid.
> |
> | L-3's Electronic Standby Instrument System (ESIS) on
> business jets...
> | it can be incorporated into the ProLine 21 or Primus
> platform?
> |
> | How much does an ESIS sell for?

B a r r y
February 15th 06, 02:44 PM
Flyingmonk wrote:
> I'd say that if the person can afford a business jet one is pretty well
> off already.

Why do people assume that if someone is well-off, they no longer care
what things cost?

Did it ever occur to you WHY some folks are well-off? <G>

I can't afford a biz jet. My plane share is worth about what many
others pay for a new Harley, bass boat, in-ground swimming pool, or
other "toy". Many folks who know nothing about flying assume I'm either:
a.) Up to my ass in debt
b.) Inherited millions
c.) Cheating the IRS
d.) Some other way "well-off", where I should always pay the way

In truth, I'm married, we both have decent middle class jobs, and we
choose not to pay consumer interest, own a 7 foot TV, lease cars, etc...

Barry

Matt Barrow
February 15th 06, 04:11 PM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in message
> If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
>
> My guess is about 1/4 million.

The GH-3000 and the GH-3100 are both $59,990.

Source: The 2005 L-3 Avionics Systems Product Price Book (available as a PDF
on the L3 website)

> "Aero Dana" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> |I have tried to research this immensely online but cannot
> find the
> | answer...so if someone does know this offhand it would be
> an immense
> | aid.
> |
> | L-3's Electronic Standby Instrument System (ESIS) on
> business jets...
> | it can be incorporated into the ProLine 21 or Primus
> platform?
> |
> | How much does an ESIS sell for?

Flyingmonk
February 15th 06, 06:26 PM
Hey Barry,

I think you meant to reply to Jim Macklin.

The Monk

B a r r y
February 15th 06, 06:29 PM
Flyingmonk wrote:
> Hey Barry,
>
> I think you meant to reply to Jim Macklin.

I think I meant to contribute to the thread in general. <G>

Sorry for misquoting you.

Barry

Jim Macklin
February 15th 06, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, the OP didn't look very hard did he? Anyway, I
just wanted to use that old line about yachts, If you have
to ask how much salary does it cost to hire a crew, you
can't afford the boat.

The $59,000 price each probably isn't installed, you have to
ask an avionics shop what the installed and FLIGHT tested
and approved price will be, bottom line.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"B a r r y" >
wrote in message
. ..
| Flyingmonk wrote:
| > Hey Barry,
| >
| > I think you meant to reply to Jim Macklin.
|
| I think I meant to contribute to the thread in general.
<G>

| Sorry for misquoting you.
|
| Barry

Flyingmonk
February 15th 06, 06:54 PM
I didn't think either of you meant any harm, <g> .

Skywise
February 15th 06, 08:07 PM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in

> We just want to have fun. Wasn't that a Cindy Laper (?)
> song.

Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Jim Macklin
February 15th 06, 09:24 PM
That's right.

"Skywise" > wrote in message
| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in

| > We just want to have fun. Wasn't that a Cindy Laper (?)
| > song.
|
| Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"
|
| Brian
| --
| http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy,
Skepticism
http://www.skywise711.com/SeismicFAQ/SeismicFAQ.html
http://www.skywise711.com/quakes/EQDB/index.html
| Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Montblack
February 16th 06, 09:09 PM
("B a r r y" wrote)
> In truth, I'm married, we both have decent middle class jobs, and we
> choose not to pay consumer interest, own a 7 foot TV, lease cars, etc...

Where does middle class start these days? $26,000?

I would like to see a system where we drop the bottom 18% off the charts,
and also drop the top 2% off the chart.

Now we'd have, IMHO, a better handle on what truly is (M)iddle (C)lass.

On my new list I would place it between 20% and 80%. (20% temporarily
broke - not poor <g>, [5% L-MC, 50% MC, 5% U-MC] and 20% wealthy)

20+5+50+5+20 = 100% of our new 80% list. :-)

I wonder where the present '18% income person/family' would start the new
list at, and where today's '98% income person/family' would top out at - on
the new list - income wise?

Montblack

Don
February 16th 06, 10:18 PM
On 15 Feb 2006 04:02:43 -0800, "Aero Dana" >
wrote:

>I have tried to research this immensely online but cannot find the
>answer...so if someone does know this offhand it would be an immense
>aid.
>
>L-3's (ESIS) on business jets...
>it can be incorporated into the ProLine 21 or Primus platform?
>
>How much does an ESIS sell for?

The price will be depending on the aircraft it is going in to, but you
can plan on about $40K for the guage and about another $40K to install
it.

They are there as a backup to the existing systems and therefore by
definition are stand-alone instruments with their own pitot/static and
electrical power sources.

So, it doesn't matter if the aircraft has Proline, Primus or iron
dials you can install these in the panel in place of the three
separate standby airspeed, altitude, and attitude indicators.

Why do we install these?. It gains valuable panel space and these
types of indicators also display backup glideslope, localizer, inbound
course heading, ground speed, distance and time to station, and marker
beacon. Mostly they go in because pilots think they look neat.

Myself, I like the three mechanical backups. Think of it this way, if
the CB panel catches on fire you got nothing.

Don

Google