PDA

View Full Version : Schweizer Parts?

February 18th 06, 08:25 PM
I am looking for a Schweizer Tow Release that will be installed on a
Schweizer 1-36 as a CG hook. I have been told that it needs to be the
same type as the aircraft currently has in the nose and that it is a
different model than is in the 1-26 and older Schweizers. Does anyone
know where I could get this item?

On a related topic, when calling Schweizer recently (to find the above
mentioned tow release) they confirmed that they have sold their glider
parts business but could not or would not tell me to whom and if
Schweizer glider parts would ever be available again.
Does anyone have any better clarification on this?

Stan

Frank Whiteley
February 19th 06, 12:01 AM
There was rumor of the possible sale at the Goverment Liasion meeting
at the SSA convention. If it's a done deal, then someone will probably
shown up on the radar sooner or later depending on FAA manufacturing
certification requirements. I suppose tooling and stock has to be
moved initially. Even the rubber pads on the tow releases aren't
currently available and the FAA is suggesting a suitable hook
replacement, e.g. TOST on a 337.

Frank Whiteley

Google