PDA

View Full Version : Re: CPLH baybee!!

Beav
February 27th 06, 11:25 PM
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
message ...
> Just walked in the door from my latest checkride - Commercial Pilot
> Helicopter. Busted a 94 on the written in about 40 mins. Oral this
> morning wasn't very difficult but then again, I've been nose in the
> books for baout 5 hours/night for the past two weeks. I didn't think
> I flew very well, but once we landed, the DPE said, "Congratulations,
> you're a commercial helicopter pilot." Sweet!!

Excellent news Kev, well done. In fact, ****ING well done :-)

I'm a bit green, but it still ives me pleasure to hear your continuing
progress and success.

'Grats again.

--
Beav
OMF#19

mail is beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com (with the obvious changes)

Beav
March 1st 06, 11:31 AM
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
message ...
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:25:47 -0000, "Beav"
> > wrote:
>

>>"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
>>message ...
>>> Just walked in the door from my latest checkride - Commercial Pilot
>>> Helicopter. Busted a 94 on the written in about 40 mins. Oral this
>>> morning wasn't very difficult but then again, I've been nose in the
>>> books for baout 5 hours/night for the past two weeks. I didn't think
>>> I flew very well, but once we landed, the DPE said, "Congratulations,
>>> you're a commercial helicopter pilot." Sweet!!
>>

>>Excellent news Kev, well done. In fact, ****ING well done :-)
>
> Thanks. had to delve deep into my anorak-ness to catch up on my
> studies, but I managed to recover nicely. :)

Nothing wrong with anorakness:-)

>>I'm a bit green, but it still ives me pleasure to hear your continuing
>>progress and success.
>
> Well, I envy your Zed while I totter around on my SV. :)

So does my pal who rides an SV, but I still can't /keep/ it airbourne and
even when I do manage to get it off the deck, it's not a vertical take
off:-(

Steering goes a bit wallowy in the air too.

--
Beav
OMF#19
VN 750
Zed Thou

mail is beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com (with the obvious changes)

Beav
March 3rd 06, 11:20 AM
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
message ...
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:31:50 -0000, "Beav"
> > wrote:
>

>>Nothing wrong with anorakness:-)
>
> At times. A least I'm not at the airport, clipboard in hand,
> scribbling down tail numbers...

And getting arrested in Greece for spying. (It happened to some Brit plane
anoraks a year or two ago)

>>> Well, I envy your Zed while I totter around on my SV. :)
>>
>>So does my pal who rides an SV, but I still can't /keep/ it airbourne and
>>even when I do manage to get it off the deck, it's not a vertical take
>>off:-(
>
> I've had a couple excursions like that on the SV - not many, but a
> few.

They break the day up, although they can break the bike up too if you're not
careful:-)

>>Steering goes a bit wallowy in the air too.
>
> Loss of tail rotor effectiveness, eh?

And a reduction in forward speed. It's a bugger I tell thee, a reet bugger:)

--
Beav
OMF#19
VN 750
Zed Thou

mail is beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com (with the obvious changes)

Google