PDA

View Full Version : That Blue VFR card with a hole in it

Al
March 3rd 06, 06:25 PM
Attention Old Farts...

Does anyone remember that Blue VFR card with a hole in it? I think it was a
"Weather observation" card used around WWII. A friend asked me about it, and
all I can remember is that there was one.

Al

Bob Moore
March 3rd 06, 06:41 PM
"Al" wrote

> Does anyone remember that Blue VFR card with a hole in it? I think it
> was a "Weather observation" card used around WWII. A friend asked me
> about it, and all I can remember is that there was one.

Sure, I have one, but I got it at Sun n Fun about 1990.
The were all over the ultralight community back then.

Bob Moore

Al
March 3rd 06, 07:02 PM
Thanks Bob, I knew someone would know what I meant.

So is it just a plain blue card? No "directions"?

Al

"Bob Moore" > wrote in message
. 122...
> "Al" wrote
>
>> Does anyone remember that Blue VFR card with a hole in it? I think it
>> was a "Weather observation" card used around WWII. A friend asked me
>> about it, and all I can remember is that there was one.
>
> Sure, I have one, but I got it at Sun n Fun about 1990.
> The were all over the ultralight community back then.
>
> Bob Moore

Jim Macklin
March 3rd 06, 07:12 PM
It is a joke weather briefing card, "instructions---hold up
to the sky and if the color of the sky as seen through the
hole matches the card, go fly"

"Al" > wrote in message
| Attention Old Farts...
|
| Does anyone remember that Blue VFR card with a hole in it?
I think it was a
| "Weather observation" card used around WWII. A friend
asked me about it, and
| all I can remember is that there was one.
|
| Al

Bob Moore
March 3rd 06, 07:59 PM
"Al" > wrote

> Thanks Bob, I knew someone would know what I meant.
>
> So is it just a plain blue card? No "directions"?

Check your e-mail. :-)

Bob

Al
March 3rd 06, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys. Just what I was looking for.

Al

"Bob Moore" > wrote in message
. 122...
> "Al" > wrote
>
>> Thanks Bob, I knew someone would know what I meant.
>>
>> So is it just a plain blue card? No "directions"?
>
> Check your e-mail. :-)
>
> Bob

Google