PDA

View Full Version : microsoft flightsim

martin
March 4th 06, 11:34 AM
does any one know if & when microsoft are going to release a new updated
flight simulator, don`t want to buy 2004 if a new one is going to be
released sometime in the near future!
thanx

Murmur
March 4th 06, 12:53 PM
"martin" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> does any one know if & when microsoft are going to release a new updated
> flight simulator, don`t want to buy 2004 if a new one is going to be
> released sometime in the near future!
> thanx

The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Marco

martin
March 7th 06, 01:36 PM
thanx marco

"Murmur" > wrote in message

> "martin" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> does any one know if & when microsoft are going to release a new updated
>> flight simulator, don`t want to buy 2004 if a new one is going to be
>> released sometime in the near future!
>> thanx
>
> The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.
>
> Marco

FatKat
March 12th 06, 07:12 PM
Murmur wrote:
> The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Murmur
March 12th 06, 07:45 PM
"FatKat" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

> Murmur wrote:
>> The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.
>
> Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
> stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

LOL. You're wrong. MSFS is specifically designed to stutter, whatever the
hardware is. It's not a big, it's a feature. :-P

Marco

Cal Vanize
March 16th 06, 02:09 AM
FatKat wrote:

> Murmur wrote:
>
>>The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.
>

> Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
> stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.
>
> Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Just remember not to get anything from Dell.

Quilljar
March 17th 06, 11:01 PM
I have bought five Dell computers and Laptops for myself and others and
never had a single problem.
I have no connection with the company, but am very pleased with them.

--
Yrs Quilljar

allenby
March 18th 06, 02:08 AM
I have an XPST system that was built in Dec 99. been upgraded over the years
and I have just 1000 flying on VATSIM alone on this system without an
issues. {been online just 2 yrs}

"Quilljar" > wrote in message
> I have bought five Dell computers and Laptops for myself and others and
> never had a single problem.
> I have no connection with the company, but am very pleased with them.
>
> --
> Yrs Quilljar

FatKat
March 19th 06, 06:27 PM
Cal Vanize wrote:
> FatKat wrote:
>
> > Murmur wrote:
> >
> >>The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.
> >

> > Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
> > stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.
> >
> > Just remember not to get the one from Dell.
> >

> Just remember not to get anything from Dell.

I guess I shouldn't really complain. My Dell, slightly less than a
year old, is still a dependable machine. I just wish it came at least
with an AGP port or some way to add one. It was a gift, yet I would
have been snookered as easily - in this day and age, a system with
nothing more than PCI....

FatKat
March 21st 06, 01:42 AM
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2006 10:27:16 -0800, "FatKat" > wrote:
>

> >Cal Vanize wrote:

> >> Just remember not to get anything from Dell.
> >
> >I guess I shouldn't really complain. My Dell, slightly less than a
> >year old, is still a dependable machine. I just wish it came at least
> >with an AGP port or some way to add one. It was a gift, yet I would
> >have been snookered as easily - in this day and age, a system with
> >nothing more than PCI....
>
> You sure it's not PCI Express???

I wish - no, it's not PCI-e, it's not Express anything. It's a Dell
Dimension that was a gift. Truth be told, I wouldn't have paid much
attention to stats other than DVD Burner and CPU type, assuming that
AGP at least would have been added. I've now learned a very valuable
lesson. I've also learned a lot about on-board graphics, or should
say, I've learned that you don't get a lot from on-board graphics.

FatKat
March 21st 06, 01:43 AM
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2006 10:27:16 -0800, "FatKat" > wrote:
>

> >Cal Vanize wrote:

> >> Just remember not to get anything from Dell.
> >
> >I guess I shouldn't really complain. My Dell, slightly less than a
> >year old, is still a dependable machine. I just wish it came at least
> >with an AGP port or some way to add one. It was a gift, yet I would
> >have been snookered as easily - in this day and age, a system with
> >nothing more than PCI....
>
> You sure it's not PCI Express???

I wish - no, it's not PCI-e, it's not Express anything. It's a Dell
Dimension that was a gift. Truth be told, I wouldn't have paid much
attention to stats other than DVD Burner and CPU type, assuming that
AGP at least would have been added. I've now learned a very valuable
lesson. I've also learned a lot about on-board graphics, or should
say, I've learned that you don't get a lot from on-board graphics.

Google