PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Crash in Fittstown, OK

GeorgeC
March 7th 06, 12:33 AM
On the nightly news "A little airplane crashed near Fittstown" (Fittstown is
near ADA,OK (ADH).)

The plane had two seats and one person was killed. The pilot was the only one on
board and was on his was to pickup his wife in Dallas. The airplane was an
antique aircraft. (That sure narrows it downs).

Witnesses stated "They heard the engine sputter just before the crash."
He crashed into a nearby abandoned house foundation and had a power line stuck
in the wing. He crashed across the road from his grass strip. (I did get part of
the number, it was 045.)

About a hour later a reporter happen said it was Cessna C37.

GeorgeC

GeorgeC
March 7th 06, 03:41 AM
as reported by the chan 4 news helicopter pilot video at http://www.kfor.com/

"A plane, believed to be a Piper Cub, crashed near the town of Fittstown in
Pontotoc County. The plane burned on impact and the pilot was pronounced dead at
the scene. "

as reported on chan 5 http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/7748093/detail.html
as reported on chan 10 http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=4592708

GeorgeC

Tom
March 7th 06, 04:48 AM
I found the ad where the pilot had listed the aircraft, a Cessna C37
for sale.

http://www.controller.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?PID=262728&OHID=1099848&guid=8E6933C6A4CF4A1E8652C993B5C3FEFA

Another sad event in GA.

Tom

GeorgeC
March 7th 06, 05:03 AM
Yep, that looks like her.

On 6 Mar 2006 20:48:50 -0800, "Tom" > wrote:

>I found the ad where the pilot had listed the aircraft, a Cessna C37
>for sale.
>
>http://www.controller.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?PID=262728&OHID=1099848&guid=8E6933C6A4CF4A1E8652C993B5C3FEFA
>

>Another sad event in GA.
>
>Tom