PDA

View Full Version : Sport Pilot training in NH or MA?

Chris Wells
March 7th 06, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know of a place in NH or MA that offers Sport Pilot training?

Jim Macklin
March 7th 06, 08:11 PM
check with the EAA and or AOPA www.eaa.org www.aopa.org

"Chris Wells" >
wrote in message

| Does anyone know of a place in NH or MA that offers Sport
Pilot
| training?
|

| --
| Chris Wells

BTIZ
March 8th 06, 12:57 AM
I would think that the airport in Hampton NH has a few J-3s that might
qualify as Light Sport Aircraft.
Check with them.
BT

"Chris Wells" > wrote in message

> Does anyone know of a place in NH or MA that offers Sport Pilot
> training?
>

> --
> Chris Wells

Chris Wells
March 8th 06, 05:33 AM
I would think that the airport in Hampton NH has a few J-3s that might
qualify as Light Sport Aircraft.
Check with them.
BT

I fly them occasionally; no one at Hampton knows anything about Sport Pilot, unfortunately.

I've also got the info from the EAA site and haven't received any responses yet...I'll see if I can find anything on that other site, I was just hoping someone could tell me firsthand.

Cub Driver
March 8th 06, 10:36 AM
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:57:08 -0800, "BTIZ" >
wrote:

>I would think that the airport in Hampton NH has a few J-3s that might
>qualify as Light Sport Aircraft.

Yes, Hampton has two J-3s (one a former L-4 and the other with L-4
glazing) and says it will rent to a Sport Pilot with insurance ($40K
now required!). Hampton does all its primary training in the Cubs, and
has trained at least two recreational pilots who decided not to
transition to a Cessna. At least one of the instructors was interested
in the LSA idea but whether he went ahead and got certificated
(whatever) I don't know.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email: usenet AT danford DOT net

Warbird's Forum: www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com

Jim Macklin
March 8th 06, 03:10 PM
Currently certified CFIs don't need any additional
certification to teach at the Sport Pilot level.

The Sport Pilot Instructor is a new certificate that does
not require as much experience as the regular CFI, since
that involves things that are not required to be taught or
learned by the Sport Pilot.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Cub Driver" <usenet AT danford DOT net> wrote in message
| On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:57:08 -0800, "BTIZ"
>
| wrote:
|
| >I would think that the airport in Hampton NH has a few
J-3s that might
| >qualify as Light Sport Aircraft.
|
| Yes, Hampton has two J-3s (one a former L-4 and the other
with L-4
| glazing) and says it will rent to a Sport Pilot with
insurance ($40K
| now required!). Hampton does all its primary training in
the Cubs, and
| has trained at least two recreational pilots who decided
not to
| transition to a Cessna. At least one of the instructors
was interested
| in the LSA idea but whether he went ahead and got
certificated
| (whatever) I don't know.
|

| -- all the best, Dan Ford
|
| email: usenet AT danford DOT net