PDA

View Full Version : Bob Hoover

gatt
March 10th 06, 07:16 PM
>I'll give ya a nickel if this doesn't knock your socks off.
>
>http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQpVI_aldB0&search=aircraft

Keep your nickle.

I got meet him in Hillsboro a few years ago. He was just sitting there on
the tailgate of a pickup next to his Commander. In aviation terms, this
guy's a friggin' Beatle. I was too awe inspired to even say anything,
especially since it was before his performance and I'm sure he was getting
himself ready, so my wife said "Mr. Hoover, my husband is a pilot and a huge
fan. Can I take a picture of you two?"

Him: "Sure. Have a seat, son."
Me: "Uhhblablauhglalbhalh...Mr. Hoover."

A couple of years before that I met a couple of P-38 veterans who still fly,
and they wore straw hats in honor of Bob Hoover. When he flies his final
mission, I predict a new aviator's clothing fad.

-c

.Blueskies.
March 11th 06, 05:36 PM
"gatt" > wrote in message ...

>>I'll give ya a nickel if this doesn't knock your socks off.
>>
>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQpVI_aldB0&search=aircraft
>
> Keep your nickle.
>
> I got meet him in Hillsboro a few years ago. He was just sitting there on the tailgate of a pickup next to his
> Commander. In aviation terms, this guy's a friggin' Beatle. I was too awe inspired to even say anything, especially
> since it was before his performance and I'm sure he was getting himself ready, so my wife said "Mr. Hoover, my husband
> is a pilot and a huge fan. Can I take a picture of you two?"
>
> Him: "Sure. Have a seat, son."
> Me: "Uhhblablauhglalbhalh...Mr. Hoover."
>
> A couple of years before that I met a couple of P-38 veterans who still fly, and they wore straw hats in honor of Bob
> Hoover. When he flies his final mission, I predict a new aviator's clothing fad.
>
> -c

I already wear a straw hat. IMHO Bob Hoover is the best airman and promoter of aviation alive...

Dave Stadt
March 11th 06, 05:58 PM
"gatt" > wrote in message

>>I'll give ya a nickel if this doesn't knock your socks off.
>>
>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQpVI_aldB0&search=aircraft
>
> Keep your nickle.
>
> I got meet him in Hillsboro a few years ago. He was just sitting there on
> the tailgate of a pickup next to his Commander. In aviation terms, this
> guy's a friggin' Beatle. I was too awe inspired to even say anything,
> especially since it was before his performance and I'm sure he was getting
> himself ready, so my wife said "Mr. Hoover, my husband is a pilot and a
> huge fan. Can I take a picture of you two?"
>
> Him: "Sure. Have a seat, son."
> Me: "Uhhblablauhglalbhalh...Mr. Hoover."
>
> A couple of years before that I met a couple of P-38 veterans who still
> fly, and they wore straw hats in honor of Bob Hoover. When he flies his
> final mission, I predict a new aviator's clothing fad.
>
> -c

Bob wears the hat for medical reasons. He and the sun do not get along.

Google