PDA

View Full Version : Re: The ultimate Usenet troll, cross-posted of course

cjcampbell
March 13th 06, 12:19 AM
Roger wrote:
> On 7 Mar 2006 21:44:58 -0800, "cjcampbell"
> > wrote:
>
> >The sky is blue.
>
> One of us has been in the islands farrrrr too long.
> Did I mention I went flying yesterday afternoon?
>
> Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL life member)
> (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
> www.rogerhalstead.com

Living on a tropical island paradise does have its limits. At least the
FAA says that they will send me replacement certificates. Now all I
have to do is figure out how to replace the medical.

Roger
March 13th 06, 08:06 AM
On 12 Mar 2006 16:19:12 -0800, "cjcampbell"
> wrote:

>Roger wrote:
>> On 7 Mar 2006 21:44:58 -0800, "cjcampbell"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >The sky is blue.
>>
>> One of us has been in the islands farrrrr too long.
>> Did I mention I went flying yesterday afternoon?
>>
>> Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL life member)
>> (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
>> www.rogerhalstead.com
>
>Living on a tropical island paradise does have its limits. At least the
>FAA says that they will send me replacement certificates. Now all I
>have to do is figure out how to replace the medical.

My Daughter was robbed at gunpoint in Saigon (Hochimin City (sp?) now)
and lost all her documents. Went to the consultant, the word went out
and when she was ready to leave, all her *original* papers were
waiting. She lost all the money, but that amounted to about the
equivalent of $5 US.

She said that outside of the Saigon street gangs, it was a very
friendly country.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Roger
March 13th 06, 08:13 AM
On 12 Mar 2006 16:19:12 -0800, "cjcampbell"
> wrote:

>Roger wrote:
>> On 7 Mar 2006 21:44:58 -0800, "cjcampbell"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >The sky is blue.
>>
>> One of us has been in the islands farrrrr too long.
>> Did I mention I went flying yesterday afternoon?
>>
>> Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL life member)
>> (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
>> www.rogerhalstead.com
>
>Living on a tropical island paradise does have its limits. At least the
>FAA says that they will send me replacement certificates. Now all I
>have to do is figure out how to replace the medical.

And without an airplane you need the medical..why?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

cjcampbell
March 13th 06, 09:00 AM
Roger wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2006 16:19:12 -0800, "cjcampbell"
>
> And without an airplane you need the medical..why?

I would like to think that I might go flying if I ever find an
airplane. But then, they probably would make go with an instructor
anyway.

Roger
March 13th 06, 08:18 PM
On 13 Mar 2006 01:00:35 -0800, "cjcampbell"
> wrote:

>Roger wrote:
>> On 12 Mar 2006 16:19:12 -0800, "cjcampbell"
>>
>> And without an airplane you need the medical..why?
>
>I would like to think that I might go flying if I ever find an
>airplane. But then, they probably would make go with an instructor
>anyway.

Even stateside you'd still have to get checked out at a new FBO, but
if you then want to fly a few hours it'd be different. I'd bet
rentals and the cost of gas may be a tad higher there than here.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

cjcampbell
March 15th 06, 07:57 AM
Roger wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2006 01:00:35 -0800, "cjcampbell"
> > wrote:
>

> >Roger wrote:
> >> On 12 Mar 2006 16:19:12 -0800, "cjcampbell"
> >>
> >> And without an airplane you need the medical..why?
> >
> >I would like to think that I might go flying if I ever find an
> >airplane. But then, they probably would make go with an instructor
> >anyway.
>
> Even stateside you'd still have to get checked out at a new FBO, but
> if you then want to fly a few hours it'd be different. I'd bet
> rentals and the cost of gas may be a tad higher there than here.

You would probably lose that bet. Gas costs about the same, and all the
planes I have heard of for rent are leftovers from USAF flying clubs in
the '70s. Labor is a lot cheaper. Filipinos also pride themselves on
being the ultimate cheapskates. People here love to brag about how
cheap they can get something. It is really endemic to the culture.
Asking how much anything should cost around here will always generate
lively debate. So there is not a lot of pressure to raise prices on
anything here, let alone airplanes.

Google