PDA

View Full Version : Ground Instructor Test

Bob Mellin
March 16th 06, 06:52 PM
I hold a Subpart H instructor rating in one cat/class with
Subpart K (sport) instructor privileges in a second
cat/class. I've been asked to give ground instruction
towards a rating in the second cat/class. I know I can give
the written signoff for a sport applicant to take a sport
written in the second cat class. However, I figure I might
as well get a ground instructor rating and be able to give
the signoff for Private as well as Sport.

Questions:

1) Is there a sport knowledge test out yet? When I looked
at this a while ago they hadn't written one.

2) Do I need any signoff for the GI or AGI test? IIRC, I
can just walk in and take it.

3) Anyone know the fee for these tests?

Thanks.

Yossarian
March 16th 06, 10:55 PM
Can't help with the first part, but you don't need a signoff for any
ground instructor knowledge test. I would skip GI and take AGI though.
Each is about $80 iirc.

Bob Mellin wrote:
> I hold a Subpart H instructor rating in one cat/class with
> Subpart K (sport) instructor privileges in a second
> cat/class. I've been asked to give ground instruction
> towards a rating in the second cat/class. I know I can give
> the written signoff for a sport applicant to take a sport
> written in the second cat class. However, I figure I might
> as well get a ground instructor rating and be able to give
> the signoff for Private as well as Sport.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Is there a sport knowledge test out yet? When I looked
> at this a while ago they hadn't written one.
>
> 2) Do I need any signoff for the GI or AGI test? IIRC, I
> can just walk in and take it.
>
> 3) Anyone know the fee for these tests?
>
> Thanks.

Robert M. Gary
March 22nd 06, 05:42 PM
1) Yes, I believe AOPA has the knowledge test info on their site for
Sport pilots

2) No sign off necessary for AGI. Skip the CGI and go right for the AGI
(I assume you've already takien the FOI exam for your previous CFI)

3) $80

-Robert, CFI, AGI

Google