PDA

View Full Version : Re: 9/11 Standard Operating Procedures

george
March 17th 06, 01:10 AM
snakehawk wrote:
snip
> But some of us who don't have your extensive experience at the controls
> of modern jetliners find it hard to visualize just how those slightly
> built, physically clumsy flight students managed it all. For example,
> whenever I fly, I find that when I bank the plane, I lose sight of the
> target during the turn. It took a while before I could line up with
> the runway at the end of a turn without making a few adjustments. And
> putting the landing gear on a certain point on the runway took about a
> dozen touch-and-goes before I succeeded.

Yeah riiiight....
Why do you insist on proving that you know nothing of flying ?

Roger
March 17th 06, 10:10 PM
On 16 Mar 2006 17:10:22 -0800, "george" > wrote:

>snakehawk wrote:
>snip
>> But some of us who don't have your extensive experience at the controls
>> of modern jetliners find it hard to visualize just how those slightly
>> built, physically clumsy flight students managed it all. For example,

No one ever said they were clumsy and think "power steering" for an
anology.

>> whenever I fly, I find that when I bank the plane, I lose sight of the
>> target during the turn. It took a while before I could line up with

You are close in making a relatively tight and slow turn. Far out in
a high speed shallow bank is much different.

>> the runway at the end of a turn without making a few adjustments. And
>> putting the landing gear on a certain point on the runway took about a
>> dozen touch-and-goes before I succeeded.
>
>Yeah riiiight....
>Why do you insist on proving that you know nothing of flying ?

He's either a student of simmer.

Trying to land on a spot and hit that spot are two very different
things. To land on a spot usually takes a few hundred trys althought
luck will bring up a few sucesses some where in there.

To hit a spot you just point at it. If it's a big tall building it'd
be even easier, particularly if you aren't fussy where you hit it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

george
March 17th 06, 11:32 PM
Roger wrote:
> On 16 Mar 2006 17:10:22 -0800, "george" > wrote:
>

> >snakehawk wrote:
> >snip
> >> But some of us who don't have your extensive experience at the controls
> >> of modern jetliners find it hard to visualize just how those slightly
> >> built, physically clumsy flight students managed it all. For example,
>
> No one ever said they were clumsy and think "power steering" for an
> anology.

Slightly built huh. There's all those women flying as Firsts and
Seconds on the same types without trouble

> >> whenever I fly, I find that when I bank the plane, I lose sight of the
> >> target during the turn. It took a while before I could line up with
>
> You are close in making a relatively tight and slow turn. Far out in
> a high speed shallow bank is much different.
>
> >> the runway at the end of a turn without making a few adjustments. And
> >> putting the landing gear on a certain point on the runway took about a
> >> dozen touch-and-goes before I succeeded.
> >
> >Yeah riiiight....
> >Why do you insist on proving that you know nothing of flying ?
>
> He's either a student of simmer.

Which same is why he posts this drivel a looong way from flying groups
I doubt that he's a student. from the errors in his aviation claims

> Trying to land on a spot and hit that spot are two very different
> things. To land on a spot usually takes a few hundred trys althought
> luck will bring up a few sucesses some where in there.
>
> To hit a spot you just point at it. If it's a big tall building it'd
> be even easier, particularly if you aren't fussy where you hit it.

I use the stationary spot but then I used to fly off topdressing strips
:-)

Google