PDA

View Full Version : Good Cross Country Reads

March 17th 06, 02:30 AM
So winter is over, but for those rainy or windy days or low overcast or
airplane down days or . . . I'd like to order some books to read along
the lines of Cannibal Queen (Coonts), Flight of Passage (Rinker Buck),
Flight of the Gin Fizz (Kisor), or Zero 3 Bravo (Gosnell). All are
cross country in a SEL.

Any suggestions.

Kyle Boatright
March 17th 06, 02:49 AM
Richard Bach's aviation books - Biplane, Stranger to the Ground, and Nothing
By Chance are great reads, as is Ernest K. Gann's Fate is the Hunter.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> So winter is over, but for those rainy or windy days or low overcast or
> airplane down days or . . . I'd like to order some books to read along
> the lines of Cannibal Queen (Coonts), Flight of Passage (Rinker Buck),
> Flight of the Gin Fizz (Kisor), or Zero 3 Bravo (Gosnell). All are
> cross country in a SEL.
>
> Any suggestions.

Jim Macklin
March 17th 06, 03:13 AM
Anything by Richard Bach, and SPIRIT of St. LOUIS.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
| So winter is over, but for those rainy or windy days or
low overcast or
| airplane down days or . . . I'd like to order some books
to read along
| the lines of Cannibal Queen (Coonts), Flight of Passage
(Rinker Buck),
| Flight of the Gin Fizz (Kisor), or Zero 3 Bravo (Gosnell).
All are
| cross country in a SEL.
|
| Any suggestions.

Dan Luke
March 17th 06, 01:13 PM
_Chickenhawk_ by Robert Mason

http://www.robertcmason.com/Books/chpage.html

rod
March 17th 06, 01:53 PM
Anything by Frank Kingston Smith. Sample below:
http://www.aopa.org/pilot/features/1980/winging8011.html

Rod

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> So winter is over, but for those rainy or windy days or low overcast or
> airplane down days or . . . I'd like to order some books to read along
> the lines of Cannibal Queen (Coonts), Flight of Passage (Rinker Buck),
> Flight of the Gin Fizz (Kisor), or Zero 3 Bravo (Gosnell). All are
> cross country in a SEL.
>
> Any suggestions.

B A R R Y
March 17th 06, 07:13 PM
wrote:
> So winter is over, but for those rainy or windy days or low overcast or
> airplane down days or . . . I'd like to order some books to read along
> the lines of Cannibal Queen (Coonts), Flight of Passage (Rinker Buck),
> Flight of the Gin Fizz (Kisor), or Zero 3 Bravo (Gosnell). All are
> cross country in a SEL.

You've already read it, but to the others:

READ Flight of Passage (Rinker Buck)!!

GREAT book!

LWG
March 18th 06, 01:56 AM
Seconded.

I don't know if that's exactly what the OP had in mind when he referred to
"good cross country read," but this book is truly memorable.

"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> _Chickenhawk_ by Robert Mason
>
> http://www.robertcmason.com/Books/chpage.html

Google