PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

george
March 19th 06, 03:42 AM
gerry wrote:
> Why would someone acting as if they were from England, spelling
> airplane as "aeroplane" and then use the word bull****, when the
> English almost always use the word "crap."

I am obviously an English speaker from another country

>There are other
> inconsistencies in your posting. For instance, slant range is more
> commonly used by ground observers, such as those operating radar units
> tracking an object in the air.

No! The term is 'slant range' look up minimums for VFR flight....

> Until your posting, I did not know a whizz wheel was like an aeronautic
> slide rule, with the whiz wheel used to compute your flight plan. But
> whiz wheels are used with charts for pre-flight course setting, if they
> are used at all. Pilots have access to electronic flight computers,
> Garmin GPS devices or the jet's flight computer while airborne. It
> turns out the primary use of whiz wheels is for the written
> certification tests pilots take.

Try the expression backup. No batteries. Doesn't die if it's dropped.

And thanks for telling me what I have to have to navigate VFR
ROTFL

> I have included some definitions below, for you to refer to the next
> time you post something on flying. Air data dead reckoning does not
> seem that easy to me, but then, I am not a psychopathic kill crazy
> Saudi who studied architecture at a Hamburg University.

The psychopathic kill crazy Saudi had a Commercial License AFAIR..

Phil Miller
March 19th 06, 05:31 AM
On 18 Mar 2006 19:42:25 -0800, "george" > wrote:

>gerry wrote:
>> Why would someone acting as if they were from England, spelling
>> airplane as "aeroplane" and then use the word bull****, when the
>> English almost always use the word "crap."
>
>I am obviously an English speaker from another country

How dare you spell properly! You god damn colonial you!

Phil
--
Pfft...English! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Homer J. Simpson

george
March 19th 06, 08:40 PM
Phil Miller wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2006 19:42:25 -0800, "george" > wrote:
>

> >gerry wrote:
> >> Why would someone acting as if they were from England, spelling
> >> airplane as "aeroplane" and then use the word bull****, when the
> >> English almost always use the word "crap."
> >
> >I am obviously an English speaker from another country
>
> How dare you spell properly! You god damn colonial you!

That's me...ROTFL
A spot of the old colourful English
I wonder if gerry knows that -proper- command of English is a
requirement of international aviation

Google