PDA

View Full Version : Another GA crash - Branson MO

John Doe
March 20th 06, 09:43 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/20/branson.crash.ap/index.html

John Doe
March 20th 06, 10:26 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/20/branson.crash.ap/index.html

Some local clips

http://www.ky3.com/

March 21st 06, 03:59 AM
JD, unless there's something for all of us to learn here, what's the
point of posting yet another accident?

Dave S
March 21st 06, 04:19 AM
wrote:
> JD, unless there's something for all of us to learn here, what's the
> point of posting yet another accident?

I, for one, was mildly curious about the accident upon hearing of it.
Upon hearing "twin" and "Branson" I was actually concerned that it might
have been a local pilot who commutes from the Houston area to Branson on
a regular basis to manage his entertainment venue there.

I was thankful that it in fact was NOT this particular pilot, but had it
been, I would have been interested in knowing.

For what its worth, when Gordon Baxter passed, I think I was the one who
put out the heads up on usenet first (having seen it in a local paper)
days before it was in the mainstream "aviation" media.

Usenet is a news source, of sorts, after all.

Dave

JJS
March 21st 06, 12:02 PM
> wrote in message oups.com...
> JD, unless there's something for all of us to learn here, what's the
> point of posting yet another accident?

You did not ask me personally but I'll through in my two cents. I've flown into the Point Lookout airport a few
times and this accident caught my eye. The approach end of the runway has a cliff at both ends and there are small
mountains all around. There are not many off field landing places save for the numerous lakes in the area. Although
none of that appears to pertain to this accident, I was glad to learn of it. We will all be impacted by the fact
that this aircraft crashed downtown. The citizens there were traumatized whether we want to admit it or not. Many
people from this area travel to Branson for entertainment. If a local non pilot asks my opinion of the crash, I now
have the opportunity to educate myself about it and give a knowledgeable reply. I do not mind knowing about it at
all.

Joe Schneider
N8437R

Dylan Smith
March 21st 06, 03:17 PM
On 2006-03-21, Dave S > wrote:
> Usenet is a news source, of sorts, after all.

The sad thing is a plane crash isn't really news - there are usually
half a dozen a day.

--
Dylan Smith, Port St Mary, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net