PDA

View Full Version : Radio crystals

pittss1c
March 21st 06, 07:12 PM
I inherited an RST 6 channel radio, and was thinking about tinkering
with it. The problem is that it only has 2 frequencies in it, and they
aren't ones I want.
Does anyone here know of a source for aviation band transmit and receive
crystals that I can use?

Mike

Gig 601XL Builder
March 21st 06, 07:21 PM
They Might

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/scanxtal.htm

"pittss1c" > wrote in message
>I inherited an RST 6 channel radio, and was thinking about tinkering with
>it. The problem is that it only has 2 frequencies in it, and they aren't
>ones I want.
> Does anyone here know of a source for aviation band transmit and receive
> crystals that I can use?
>
> Mike

March 22nd 06, 05:47 PM
Not to Jim specifically, but all in general.

This thread remineded me that I'm still looking for 2 RST 6-channel
radios for my gliderport. 123.3 and 123.5 are the useful frequencies.
Does anyone have any of these fine radios they are willing to
part with for a reasonable (cheap) cost? :-)

Thank you for your consideration.

RST Engineering > wrote:
> If we've got any in our "leftovers" parts bins, you can have them for
> nothing. However, if you want to go to the original source, Jan Crystal in
> Ft. Myers FL was where we got them OEM. As I recall from the last person
> who got crystals from them, they were about $20 for a set of two.

> Jim

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer<at>frii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/

Gig 601XL Builder
March 22nd 06, 07:33 PM
Who said Jim was a mean old coot?

"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
.. .
> Jer/
>
> I've got two of them that came in April 1987 for "fixing". I've made
> repeated attempts to contact the former owner with zero results. If you
> want them, they are yours (I suspect the statute of limitations has long
> since run its course). Some fellow over in Minden.
>
> THey both have four channels installed. .3 and .5 plus 122.8 plus one
> other I don't recall. The only caveat is that if Rip Van Winkle wakes up
> and wants his radios back in 2007, you two get to fight it out. The odds
> are slim to zero.
>
> I have no idea what is wrong with them, whether or not they've been
> internally "enhanced" by Diddle and his friends, or anything else about
> them. They have been ridden hard and put away wet -- they are pretty
> scratched up, some of the lamp lenses are missing, and that sort of thing.
> We still have most of the parts for these boat anchors, so when you get
> them, if you want to make a parts list, I'll pull what I've got and send
> it to you IF you send me a flattened box large enough to hold the parts,
> self addressed and stamped. One of those post office Priority Mail All
> You Can FIt In For One Price boxes would probably do the job.
>
> I will also loan you the world's last known copy of the
> instruction/assembly/overhaul manual for these two turkeys. If you will
> either copy it (or even better -- scan it) and send it back when you are
> done, I'll do that too. I'd appreciate the scanned files so that I can
> post them on the RST fixit page on the website. Feel free to destaple,
> scan, and restaple the original.
>
> If you feel the need to compensate somebody for whatever these old things
> are worth, send a donation to Young Eagles in RST's name. Whatever.
>
> Jim
>

> > wrote in message ...
>> Not to Jim specifically, but all in general.
>>
>> This thread remineded me that I'm still looking for 2 RST 6-channel
>> radios for my gliderport. 123.3 and 123.5 are the useful frequencies.
>> Does anyone have any of these fine radios they are willing to
>> part with for a reasonable (cheap) cost? :-)

March 22nd 06, 08:54 PM
Gig 601XL Builder <wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net> wrote:
> Who said Jim was a mean old coot?

Not me! Jim is a cool guy! Nice wife, too. :-)
I still use the RST-442 intercom I purchased ~30 years ago as a kit. :-)
He EVEN knows how to get cars and a dorm room at Oshkosh!

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer<at>frii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/
C-206 N9513G, CFII Airplane&Glider FAA-DEN Aviation Safety Counselor
CAP-CO Mission&Aircraft CheckPilot BM218 HAM N0FZD 240 Young Eagles!

March 22nd 06, 10:51 PM
RST Engineering > wrote:
> > Not me! Jim is a cool guy! Nice wife, too. :-)
> Are you talking about my thenwife before '90 or my nowwife since '95? They
> are both nice, but I traded a PPASEL for a CPASEL/CFII-G/CGIA/I {;-)

All three! Before, now, RST-442!

:-)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer<at>frii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/
C-206 N9513G, CFII Airplane&Glider FAA-DEN Aviation Safety Counselor
CAP-CO Mission&Aircraft CheckPilot BM218 HAM N0FZD 240 Young Eagles!

john smith
March 23rd 06, 01:28 AM
In article >,
"RST Engineering" > wrote:

> Are you talking about my thenwife before '90 or my nowwife since '95? They
> are both nice, but I traded a PPASEL for a CPASEL/CFII-G/CGIA/I {;-)

Gosh, mine's only a WIFE/MOM, but I think I'll keep her.

Google