PDA

View Full Version : Diversity and Aviation

BushOKDemocratsSTUPID
March 21st 06, 10:06 PM
Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?

Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White Male)
employees?

Gary Drescher
March 21st 06, 10:53 PM
"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>
> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
> Male)
> employees?

We pilots feel annoyed that a disgruntled ex-FAA employee has been spamming
us for months us with tedious, obsessive, illiterate, bigoted rants. You
were obviously fired because your personality disorder impairs your job
performance, not because you're a white male.

Dudley Henriques
March 21st 06, 11:00 PM
"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>
> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
> Male)
> employees?

I was once asked if I minded flying with a black co-pilot on a charter.
I think my answer was something like...
"I don't really give a **** if he's purple as long as he can fly"

Hope this answers your question.

Dudley Henriques

Steven P. McNicoll
March 21st 06, 11:31 PM
"Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
>> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
>> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>>
>> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
>> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
>> Male)
>> employees?
>
> I was once asked if I minded flying with a black co-pilot on a charter.
> I think my answer was something like...
> "I don't really give a **** if he's purple as long as he can fly"
>
> Hope this answers your question.

This guy is an asshole, no question about it. Nevertheless, affirmative
action has forced a lowering of standards for controller certification.

Dudley Henriques
March 22nd 06, 12:35 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>>
>> "BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
>>> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
>>> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>>>
>>> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
>>> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
>>> Male)
>>> employees?
>>
>> I was once asked if I minded flying with a black co-pilot on a charter.
>> I think my answer was something like...
>> "I don't really give a **** if he's purple as long as he can fly"
>>
>> Hope this answers your question.
>>

> This guy is an asshole, no question about it. Nevertheless, affirmative
> action has forced a lowering of standards for controller certification.

Sort of figured that one out already :-)
But be careful. This guy could vector you right some day when you should be
going left!!! :-))
Dudley

Dan Luke
March 22nd 06, 01:15 AM
Buzz off, loon.

Bob Noel
March 22nd 06, 02:29 AM
In article et>,
"Dudley Henriques" > wrote:

please do not feed the trolls

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Morgans
March 22nd 06, 04:14 AM
"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>
> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
Male)
> employees?

Why don't you go crawl back into the sh*t hole you crawled out of, OK?

What a piece!
--
Jim in NC

cjcampbell
March 22nd 06, 08:51 AM
BushOKDemocratsSTUPID wrote:
> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>
> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White Male)
> employees?

I would really prefer that you were a Democrat. Hey, think about this:
you got fired by Bush!

BushOKDemocratsSTUPID
March 22nd 06, 05:46 PM
Dudley Henriques wrote:

>"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
>

>>Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
>>white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>>
>>Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
>>positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
>>Male)
>>employees?
>>

>I was once asked if I minded flying with a black co-pilot on a charter.
>I think my answer was something like...
>"I don't really give a **** if he's purple as long as he can fly"
>
>Hope this answers your question.
>
>Dudley Henriques

"I don't really give a **** if he's purple as long as he can fly"
That means QUALIFIED. No problem

Now ask the FAA if the MOST QUALIFIED BLACK FEMALES are being hired for
critical safety jobs?

The answer is NO

BushOKDemocratsSTUPID
March 22nd 06, 05:47 PM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

>"Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>>"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
>>

>>>Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
>>>white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>>>
>>>Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
>>>positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
>>>Male)
>>>employees?
>>>

>>I was once asked if I minded flying with a black co-pilot on a charter.
>>I think my answer was something like...
>>"I don't really give a **** if he's purple as long as he can fly"
>>
>>Hope this answers your question.
>>

>This guy is an asshole, no question about it. Nevertheless, affirmative
>action has forced a lowering of standards for controller certification.

Why is he an asshole for asking a legtimate air safety question?

Steven P. McNicoll
March 22nd 06, 05:50 PM
"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message

> Why is he an asshole for asking a legtimate air safety question?

Because of the way the question was phrased.

BushOKDemocratsSTUPID
March 22nd 06, 07:26 PM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

>"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
>

>>Why is he an asshole for asking a legtimate air safety question?
>>

>Because of the way the question was phrased.

"Because of the way it was phrased"??

Thank you Comrade

Steven P. McNicoll
March 22nd 06, 07:55 PM
"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message

>>>Why is he an asshole for asking a legtimate air safety question?
>>>

>>Because of the way the question was phrased.

> "Because of the way it was phrased"??

Yes.

> Thank you Comrade

You're welcome, Asshole.

Steve Foley
March 22nd 06, 08:23 PM
The mission of the Feds Against Aviation is to harass and antagonize pilots
any way they can. I presume a 'safety position' means they sit, instead of
stand (a dangerous position indeed - you could easily fall).

Isn't it really better for me if those harassing and antagonizing me are
unqualified to do so?

It's a damn good thing they got rid of you, as your harassment is beginning
to annoy me.

"BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>
> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
Male)
> employees?

LWG
March 22nd 06, 09:19 PM
Sure, just ask Bob Hoover. It was so much better for him that the two young
guys who wanted to have a little fun with him were newcomers just out to
have a good time. He triumphed over those specious accusations so quickly,
easily and cheaply. Or, the fellow selling the Ford alternators with a
blank 337. Or the pilot who was virtually harassed to death by unscrupulous
FAA employees-- the IG finally issuing a report identifying the
unconscionable and illegal conduct of FAA employees as a cause of a fatal
crash.

I worked in government for more than a decade. Many appointments were made
simply because of the race or sex of the person involved. Many of those
hired were utterly imcompetent. In an office environment, especially in
ordinary government functions, imcompetence can be tolerated, perhaps even
glorified.

The OP started out on the wrong foot by using language which generates more
heat than light, but I don't think anyone could argue that the only the best
qualified people should be employed in positions crucial to public safety,
such as ATC positions. I also don't think there is any real argument that
government doesn't make hiring or promotion decisions without (or with
little) regard to competence. If it is posting the payment for your water
bill, a mistake here or there only causes irritation.

Simply slinging epithets doesn't advance the discussion.

"Steve Foley" > wrote in message
> The mission of the Feds Against Aviation is to harass and antagonize
> pilots
> any way they can. I presume a 'safety position' means they sit, instead of
> stand (a dangerous position indeed - you could easily fall).
>
> Isn't it really better for me if those harassing and antagonizing me are
> unqualified to do so?
>
> It's a damn good thing they got rid of you, as your harassment is
> beginning
> to annoy me.
>

> "BushOKDemocratsSTUPID" > wrote in message
>> Is it OK for the FAA or Airlines to pass over
>> white males for black females so the diversity numbers look better?
>>
>> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety
>> positions being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White
> Male)
>> employees?

Neil Gould
March 23rd 06, 12:56 AM
Recently, LWG > posted:

> I worked in government for more than a decade. Many appointments were
> made simply because of the race or sex of the person involved. Many
> of those hired were utterly imcompetent. In an office environment,
> especially in ordinary government functions, imcompetence can be
> tolerated, perhaps even glorified.

I disagree that "incompetence can be tolerated...", it happens, and people
have to deal with it. But, it has *always* happened, whether it be the son
of the owner that runs the company under or the MBA that made a few
critical bad decisions with the same result. It is not an issue of race or
gender.

> The OP started out on the wrong foot by using language which
> generates more heat than light, but I don't think anyone could argue
> that the only the best qualified people should be employed in
> positions crucial to public safety, such as ATC positions.

Ideally, everyone in a position crucial to public safety should be the
best qualified. However, that has never been the case, and is not likely
to ever be the case. People are selected for positions for many reasons,
only a few have to do with their actual competence or readiness for the
job at hand.

Neil

LWG
March 23rd 06, 02:09 AM
I agree with you. I think I could have said it better, perhaps
"incompetence can be accommodated..."

The difference here is that when the son runs the family business into the
ground, it's their loss. When incompetent government employees run things
into the ground, they get promoted. The American taxpayer is the only
resource which is indefinitely extensible. Oil, the oceans and atmospheric
ozone are all finite and fragile. However, my power to pay for everything
from B-2's to lapdances for the homeless to urine-drenched crucifixes has no
limit.

"> I disagree that "incompetence can be tolerated...", it happens, and
people
> have to deal with it. But, it has *always* happened, whether it be the son
> of the owner that runs the company under or the MBA that made a few
> critical bad decisions with the same result. It is not an issue of race or
> gender.

The problem is the arrogance of those newly annointed with power is
breathtaking. In our metropolitan government, we had the minority managers
fire white males, and then have the unbridled temerity to tell them that was
the only reason they were being let go. I did give them a few points for
candor.

Of course there were the inevitable lawsuits. But not only did the
taxpayers get to pay the salaries of the managers who made the racist
decisions, they got to pay the salaries of the unqualified employees who
were hired by the government, as well as the salaries of the government
lawyers defending the action, and the fees of the lawyers representing the
white male employees, and the damages awarded to employees who were
victimized by this conduct. Government employment is the very antithesis of
the free market, which is why our Founding Fathers intended to keep the
federal government so small.

> Ideally, everyone in a position crucial to public safety should be the
> best qualified. However, that has never been the case, and is not likely
> to ever be the case. People are selected for positions for many reasons,
> only a few have to do with their actual competence or readiness for the
> job at hand.
>
> Neil

Steve Foley
March 23rd 06, 08:43 PM
"LWG" > wrote in message
. ..

> Simply slinging epithets doesn't advance the discussion.

Why would I even consider 'advancing the discussion' with someone who spews
hate. The original poster will never listen.

Yougottobekidding
March 24th 06, 02:18 AM
Steve Foley wrote:

>"LWG" > wrote in message
. ..

>>Simply slinging epithets doesn't advance the discussion.
>>

>Why would I even consider 'advancing the discussion' with someone who spews
>hate. The original poster will never listen.

Grow some skin. Simply asking if it could be a safety issue hiring black
females
in critical aviation safety positions for diversity numbers over white
males that are more
qualified is not by any means "Spewing hate"

Grow up and Grow some skin you PC brainwashed wimp

cjcampbell
March 25th 06, 12:55 AM
Yougottobekidding wrote:

> Grow some skin. Simply asking if it could be a safety issue hiring black
> females
> in critical aviation safety positions for diversity numbers over white
> males that are more
> qualified is not by any means "Spewing hate"

Simply put, that is not what happened. Using racial epithets is spewing
hate. If you can't tell the difference between profanity and civil
dialogue then you have a real problem.

Yougottobekidding
March 26th 06, 05:13 AM
cjcampbell wrote:

>Yougottobekidding wrote:
>

>>Grow some skin. Simply asking if it could be a safety issue hiring black
>>females
>>in critical aviation safety positions for diversity numbers over white
>>males that are more
>>qualified is not by any means "Spewing hate"
>>

>Simply put, that is not what happened. Using racial epithets is spewing
>hate. If you can't tell the difference between profanity and civil
>dialogue then you have a real problem.

"Black Female" is a racial epithet?
I never knew that

gatt
April 13th 06, 06:09 PM

> Just curious how airline and private pilots felt about safety positions
> being filled by unsafe and/or unqualified (Other than White >Male)
> employees?

Assuming this isn't a troll, I'd be concerned about positions filled by
unsafe and.or unqualified white males, too.

-c

Google