PDA

View Full Version : Biannual check ride question?

Eric D
March 23rd 06, 06:31 PM
Can a flight instructor that lost his/her medical still give a biannual
check ride? Is the person that received the check ride the pilot in
command or the flight instructor who is giving the biannual?

March 23rd 06, 06:42 PM
On 23 Mar 2006 10:31:18 -0800, "Eric D" >
wrote:

>Can a flight instructor that lost his/her medical still give a biannual
>check ride? Is the person that received the check ride the pilot in
>command or the flight instructor who is giving the biannual?

Yes they can. As long as they have a current instructors license. I
have an uncle that lost his medical several years ago and just renewed
his CFI. Told me that since he has had his CFI license for 52 years
already, why stop?

The person recieving the biannual is the PIC.

Eric D
March 23rd 06, 07:47 PM
This is the part I don't fully understand. Would not a valid flight
instructor have to have a current medical too?

Michael Pilla
March 23rd 06, 08:17 PM
"Eric D" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is the part I don't fully understand. Would not a valid flight
> instructor have to have a current medical too?

As long as the person receiving the Biennial Flight Review can legally act
as PIC (current medical, current to take passengers, within the previous
Biennial review period, ...), then they can still *act* as PIC with the CFI
simply a "passenger". The CFI then does not need a current medical since
they are not exercising the rights of PIC...

Michael Pilla

Google