PDA

View Full Version : Re: alexis park inn and aviation videos

Dudley Henriques
March 24th 06, 06:05 PM
"Martin Hotze" > wrote in message
> well,
>
> finally I received an email forwarded from a friend:
>
> ----snip
> Subject: Check out Aviation Videos - brought to you by the Alexis Park Inn
> &
> Suites
>

> _Click here: Aviation Videos - brought to you by the Alexis Park Inn &
> Suites_ (http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm#AIRLINERS)
> ----snap
>
> so it now is clear that the aviation content (and possible copyright
> issues) are directly linked to Jay's *business*.
>
> just FYI,

I don't think so, and why would anyone go out of their way to post something
like this?
It's quite obvious to me at least, after being exposed to Jay, his family,
his airplane, his interests, and his business through the years that his
website was created as part of his "hobby" which is aviation.
It's also obvious to anyone above room temperature IQ that since Jay owns a
hotel that is aviation oriented, there would be a natural tie between all of
the above.
I see nothing sinister or devious in anything Jay has done, both on his web
site and on this group.
In fact, when I decided to release background data on the IFPF last year, I
had my choice of several sources with whom I could easily have released this
information. I chose Jay's site because of his historical interest in
aviation. This data sits on the site for it's historical value alone and has
never been linked in any way to a commercial use by Jay or anyone else for
that matter.
Personally, I think your "issues" with Jay Honek are way out of line.
Dudley Henriques

Jay Honeck
March 24th 06, 11:49 PM
> Personally, I think your "issues" with Jay Honek are way out of line.
> Dudley Henriques

Thanks, Dudley.

BTW: I hope you find our new "Technical Advisor", Tony Clay (RAF,
retired) acceptable. Tony has a wide and varied background in
aviation, and has already proved to be a remarkable and valuable asset
-- but you were still my first choice.

You would have LOVED receiving the emails Tony is getting, from all
over the world, disputing this or that little detail. (Just read a few
of the posts about the RA-5 Vigilante, under the "military" section of
the site, and you'll get a little flavor of the kind of detail some
retired military guys go into!)

Maybe when Tony gets sick of doing it, you'll reconsider?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Dudley Henriques
March 25th 06, 03:14 AM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Personally, I think your "issues" with Jay Honek are way out of line.
>> Dudley Henriques
>
> Thanks, Dudley.
>
> BTW: I hope you find our new "Technical Advisor", Tony Clay (RAF,
> retired) acceptable. Tony has a wide and varied background in
> aviation, and has already proved to be a remarkable and valuable asset
> -- but you were still my first choice.
>
> You would have LOVED receiving the emails Tony is getting, from all
> over the world, disputing this or that little detail. (Just read a few
> of the posts about the RA-5 Vigilante, under the "military" section of
> the site, and you'll get a little flavor of the kind of detail some
> retired military guys go into!)
>
> Maybe when Tony gets sick of doing it, you'll reconsider?

I'd hold on to Mr. Clay. He sounds like a mighty fine choice to me Jay.
Dudley

Google