PDA

View Full Version : Near Miss Reports

Doug Snyder
March 25th 06, 11:17 PM
Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
time I get home.

Thanks in advance
Doug

Darkwing
March 25th 06, 11:51 PM
"Doug Snyder" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
> reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
> my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
> time I get home.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Doug

I've had a couple near misses, how about that!

DW

Icebound
March 26th 06, 12:09 AM
"Doug Snyder" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
> reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
> my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
> time I get home.

There are the NASDAC reports, which have some interesting near-miss,
controller-error, dropped GPS waypoints, and other scary stuff.

http://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/page?_pageid=33,36638&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

and click on the "query tool"

SR20 drivers might be interested in report 684189 about the effect of
minimal icing on the Cirrus flight characteristics.

Bob Gardner
March 26th 06, 03:19 AM
Darn! We're supposed to file reports? Who knew?

Bob Gardner

"Doug Snyder" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
> reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
> my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
> time I get home.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Doug

Dave
March 26th 06, 04:02 AM
Yikes! I guess!

....beginning to see why the parachute is STANDARD EQUIPMENT!

The comments on shedding the ice unevenly are interesting...

Dave

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:09:47 -0500, "Icebound"
> wrote:

>SR20 drivers might be interested in report 684189 about the effect of
>minimal icing on the Cirrus flight characteristics.

Darkwing
March 26th 06, 04:37 AM
"Icebound" > wrote in message

> "Doug Snyder" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
>> reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
>> my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
>> time I get home.
>>

> There are the NASDAC reports, which have some interesting near-miss,
> controller-error, dropped GPS waypoints, and other scary stuff.
>
> http://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/page?_pageid=33,36638&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
>
> and click on the "query tool"
>
> SR20 drivers might be interested in report 684189 about the effect of
> minimal icing on the Cirrus flight characteristics.

I think the latest "FLYING" has an article on just that or it might be "AOPA
Pilot", I read it in one or the other.

DW

Google