PDA

View Full Version : Bonanza question...

Judah
March 26th 06, 07:19 PM
OK. I have a VERY IMPORTANT, albeit slightly off-topic, question about
Bonanzas. I even googled it, and didn't find an answer...

My question is this:

Which came first?

The Beech Bonanza, or

The Lorne Green Bonanza?

And was there any influence either way between the two?

Steven P. McNicoll
March 26th 06, 07:33 PM
"Judah" > wrote in message
.. .

> OK. I have a VERY IMPORTANT, albeit slightly off-topic, question about
> Bonanzas. I even googled it, and didn't find an answer...
>
> My question is this:
>
> Which came first?
>
> The Beech Bonanza, or
>
> The Lorne Green Bonanza?

Beech

> And was there any influence either way between the two?

It's unlikely there was.

Nathan Young
March 26th 06, 07:44 PM
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:19:37 GMT, Judah > wrote:

>OK. I have a VERY IMPORTANT, albeit slightly off-topic, question about
>Bonanzas. I even googled it, and didn't find an answer...
>
>My question is this:
>
>Which came first?
>
>The Beech Bonanza, or
>
>The Lorne Green Bonanza?

Beech was first by about 10 years.

Grumman-581
March 26th 06, 07:57 PM
"Nathan Young" > wrote in message
> Beech was first by about 10 years.

But the word itself predates either of them...

Montblack
March 26th 06, 07:59 PM
("Judah" wrote)
> Which came first?
>
> The Beech Bonanza, or
>
> The Lorne Green Bonanza?

http://www.oldetimecooking.com/TV/bonanza.htm

Each of the three sons had a different mother.

Montblack

Jim Macklin
March 26th 06, 09:23 PM
The Beech dates to 1946-47, the NBC Lorne Green Bonanza in
1960s. The Beech is still going strong as the G36, except
for Pernel Roberts, the NBC Bonanza is just re-runs.

"Judah" > wrote in message
.. .
| OK. I have a VERY IMPORTANT, albeit slightly off-topic,
question about
| Bonanzas. I even googled it, and didn't find an answer...
|
| My question is this:
|
| Which came first?
|
| The Beech Bonanza, or
|
| The Lorne Green Bonanza?
|

| And was there any influence either way between the two?

Judah
March 26th 06, 11:35 PM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in

> The Beech dates to 1946-47, the NBC Lorne Green Bonanza in
> 1960s. The Beech is still going strong as the G36, except
> for Pernel Roberts, the NBC Bonanza is just re-runs.

True. But sadly, I believe there may still be many more Lorne Green Bonanza
fans than there are Beech Bonanza fans...

This needs to be corrected.

Montblack
March 26th 06, 11:53 PM
("Judah" wrote)
> True. But sadly, I believe there may still be many more Lorne Green
> Bonanza fans than there are Beech Bonanza fans...
>
> This needs to be corrected.

"Adam" Aircraft. <g>
http://www.adamaircraft.com/

Montblack

Judah
March 27th 06, 12:19 AM
"Montblack" > wrote in
:

> ("Judah" wrote)
>> True. But sadly, I believe there may still be many more Lorne Green
>> Bonanza fans than there are Beech Bonanza fans...
>>
>> This needs to be corrected.
>

> "Adam" Aircraft. <g>
> http://www.adamaircraft.com/
>

> Montblack

Ahhh, if only money grew on trees!

Jim Macklin
March 27th 06, 01:29 AM
There was the somewhat aviation Lorne Green in SpaceTrain,
er Battlestar Galactica. Perhaps Beech will redesign the
G36 Bonanza to have a slightly wider and taller cabin in the
rear seat area and a baggage compartment between the
firewall and cockpit. Made with their automatic carbon
fiber machine like they use to make the Premier jet. It
could cost a lot less, be faster and more useful.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

"Judah" > wrote in message
. ..
| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in

| > The Beech dates to 1946-47, the NBC Lorne Green Bonanza
in
| > 1960s. The Beech is still going strong as the G36,
except
| > for Pernel Roberts, the NBC Bonanza is just re-runs.
|
| True. But sadly, I believe there may still be many more
Lorne Green Bonanza
| fans than there are Beech Bonanza fans...
|
| This needs to be corrected.

Judah
March 29th 06, 10:31 AM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in

> There was the somewhat aviation Lorne Green in SpaceTrain,
> er Battlestar Galactica. Perhaps Beech will redesign the
> G36 Bonanza to have a slightly wider and taller cabin in the
> rear seat area and a baggage compartment between the
> firewall and cockpit. Made with their automatic carbon
> fiber machine like they use to make the Premier jet. It
> could cost a lot less, be faster and more useful.

If Beech came out with a BattleStar model, I would have to consider buying
one. But only if it plays the theme song, and includes the "Socializer" (I
think that's what they called her).

Jim Macklin
March 29th 06, 12:31 PM
Yes, a socializer was correct. But maybe a younger version.

"Judah" > wrote in message
. ..
| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in

| > There was the somewhat aviation Lorne Green in
SpaceTrain,
| > er Battlestar Galactica. Perhaps Beech will redesign
the
| > G36 Bonanza to have a slightly wider and taller cabin in
the
| > rear seat area and a baggage compartment between the
| > firewall and cockpit. Made with their automatic carbon
| > fiber machine like they use to make the Premier jet. It
| > could cost a lot less, be faster and more useful.
|
| If Beech came out with a BattleStar model, I would have to
consider buying
| one. But only if it plays the theme song, and includes the
"Socializer" (I
| think that's what they called her).

Skywise
March 29th 06, 10:49 PM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in news:seuWf.1401
$t22.1317@dukeread08:

> Yes, a socializer was correct. But maybe a younger version.

<Snipola>

Actually, the term used was "socialator".

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Jim Macklin
March 29th 06, 11:04 PM
That's right. I guess I'll have to watch the re-runs on the
Sci-Fi channel. But Ms. Spang would have been a union
socialator but Ms. Jensen could have been a free-lancer.

Frack and feldercarb

"Skywise" > wrote in message
| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in news:seuWf.1401
| $t22.1317@dukeread08:
|
| > Yes, a socializer was correct. But maybe a younger
version.

| <Snipola>
|
| Actually, the term used was "socialator".
|
| Brian
| --
| http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy,
Skepticism
http://www.skywise711.com/SeismicFAQ/SeismicFAQ.html
http://www.skywise711.com/quakes/EQDB/index.html
| Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Skywise
March 30th 06, 02:30 AM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in news:YvDWf.1440
$t22.170@dukeread08:

> That's right. I guess I'll have to watch the re-runs on the
> Sci-Fi channel. But Ms. Spang would have been a union
> socialator but Ms. Jensen could have been a free-lancer.
>
> Frack and feldercarb

That's "felgercarb." :)

I kinda had a thing for Rigel (as much as a 9 year old could have
a 'thing' for someone), played by Sarah Rush. She was the soft
spoken girl on the bridge who was always telling the Vipers to
"launch when ready."

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Jim Macklin
March 30th 06, 05:50 AM
I think they may have had feldercarb and felgercarb, but who
knows, I think they made up words as the filmed. Sort of a
version of Fubar and Snafu, everybody knows what they mean,
but it isn't one of the seven bad words.

Rigel, the Chloe O'Brian [24] of Battlestar, better known as
Wagon Train in Space or was it Ponderosa?

"Skywise" > wrote in message
| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in news:YvDWf.1440
| $t22.170@dukeread08:
|
| > That's right. I guess I'll have to watch the re-runs on
the
| > Sci-Fi channel. But Ms. Spang would have been a union
| > socialator but Ms. Jensen could have been a free-lancer.
| >
| > Frack and feldercarb
|
| That's "felgercarb." :)
|
| I kinda had a thing for Rigel (as much as a 9 year old
could have
| a 'thing' for someone), played by Sarah Rush. She was the
soft
| spoken girl on the bridge who was always telling the
Vipers to
| "launch when ready."
|
| Brian
| --