PDA

View Full Version : jeppesen aviation weather book

Mike
March 27th 06, 02:36 AM
What is the latest edition of this book? I'm looking to purchase
second-hand and can only find 2nd edition. Is it worth the money?

Thanks.

--
Mike

Jim Macklin
March 27th 06, 04:00 AM
How much money is that? What is current retail? What is
asked on Amazon or EBay?

"Mike" > wrote in message
| What is the latest edition of this book? I'm looking to
purchase
| second-hand and can only find 2nd edition. Is it worth the
money?

| Thanks.
|
| --
| Mike

Mike
March 27th 06, 01:47 PM
Jim Macklin wrote:
> How much money is that? What is current retail? What is
> asked on Amazon or EBay?
>

> "Mike" > wrote in message
> | What is the latest edition of this book? I'm looking to
> purchase
> | second-hand and can only find 2nd edition. Is it worth the
> money?
> |
> | Thanks.
> |
> | --
> | Mike

The book retails for about $60 from Jeppesen, but you can find several
aviation shops that sell it a bit cheaper. Searching on eBay, the prices
vary anywhere from $20 to $40. Currently, Amazon prices are from about
$50. That's for the second edition. My main concern is knowing what the
latest version is.

Thanks.

--
Mike

Mike
March 27th 06, 02:00 PM
Mike wrote:
> Jim Macklin wrote:
>> How much money is that? What is current retail? What is asked on
>> Amazon or EBay?
>>

>> "Mike" > wrote in message
>> | What is the latest edition of this book? I'm looking to purchase
>> | second-hand and can only find 2nd edition. Is it worth the money?
>> |
>> | Thanks.
>> |
>> | -- | Mike
>>

> The book retails for about $60 from Jeppesen, but you can find several
> aviation shops that sell it a bit cheaper. Searching on eBay, the prices
> vary anywhere from $20 to $40. Currently, Amazon prices are from about
> $50. That's for the second edition. My main concern is knowing what the
> latest version is.
>
> Thanks.

Hmm, looks like the latest version might be the second. According to
Peter F. Lester's site, the first edition was published in 1995/1997 and
the second was published in 2000/2001:
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/~lester/av_weather.html. Beware, the listing
page on Amazon is incorrect... they say the second edition is 1995:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0884872734/102-8103554-5199312?v=glance&n=283155

--
Mike

Google