PDA

View Full Version : rates in the bay area

April 2nd 06, 10:18 PM
Hello,
I moved to the bay a few years ago but haven't had the time to go
flying. I am looking to back into it and want to check rates and get
recommendations.
I live on the peninsula in Redwood City by sql (san carlos) but work
takes me all over the bay so a little travel isn't a big deal.
Thanks in advance

~Chris

Don Tuite
April 2nd 06, 11:02 PM
On 2 Apr 2006 14:18:40 -0700, wrote:

>Hello,
>I moved to the bay a few years ago but haven't had the time to go
>flying. I am looking to back into it and want to check rates and get
>recommendations.
>I live on the peninsula in Redwood City by sql (san carlos) but work
>takes me all over the bay so a little travel isn't a big deal.

Check the websites.

Diamond: www.ksql.com
West Valley www.wvfc.org
Sundance www.flysundance.org

Diamond is at SQL, Sundance at PAO, and West Valley is everywhere.
Drop in and see where you get the warmest fuzzies.

Among the FBOs and clubs, I like Diamond because they have Diamond
aircraft and because UJ seems like the smartest and straightest
businessguy I've come across. I fly out of SQL, but I'm in an
11-member club with a PA-28-235 and a PA-28 Challenger-180.

Call me if you want to chat. 367-6268.

Don

Aman Jabbi
April 8th 06, 02:27 AM
Try http://www.shorelineflyingclub.com/ in Palo Alto.
Very friendly atmosphere... no joining or monthly fees. Their hobbs
rates have gone up a bit recently though.

wrote:
> Hello,
> I moved to the bay a few years ago but haven't had the time to go
> flying. I am looking to back into it and want to check rates and get
> recommendations.
> I live on the peninsula in Redwood City by sql (san carlos) but work
> takes me all over the bay so a little travel isn't a big deal.
> Thanks in advance
>
> ~Chris

john szpara
April 10th 06, 07:31 AM
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:03:40 -0700, Hamish Reid
> wrote:

>I fly with two very different clubs, neither of them particularly cheap,
>and both in the East Bay. I'm comfortable with both:
>
> California Airways at Hayward: <http://www.california-airways.com/>

I'm not sure why he says they aren't cheap, their prices are very
reasonable. I've been flying with them for about a year and a half.
They have a really good selection of a/c, and a good atmosphere.

John Szpara
Private pilot
Fiero Owner 2-84 Indy Pace cars, 86 Coupe, 88 Formula 3.4, 88 Coupe, 88GT

Hamish Reid
April 11th 06, 04:55 AM
In article >,
john szpara > wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:03:40 -0700, Hamish Reid
> > wrote:
>
> >I fly with two very different clubs, neither of them particularly cheap,
> >and both in the East Bay. I'm comfortable with both:
> >
> > California Airways at Hayward: <http://www.california-airways.com/>
>
> I'm not sure why he says they aren't cheap, their prices are very
> reasonable. I've been flying with them for about a year and a half.
> They have a really good selection of a/c, and a good atmosphere.

I agree. The only point I was making was that they're not the cheapest
in the Bay Area...

Hamish

Google