PDA

View Full Version : Fire Story & pics

JJS
April 3rd 06, 06:16 PM
Hey ya'll. As a tribute to the rural fire fighters and tanker pilots who risk their lives, Jay Honeck posted my
"Nightmare" story over on his website, complete with some pictures of the burn areas. You can see it here:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_oklahoma_fires.htm

The story may not be there too long. Hopefully one of you can come up with something better and knock me off the
air.

--
Joe Schneider
8437R

Jay Honeck
April 3rd 06, 07:37 PM
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_oklahoma_fires.htm
>
> The story may not be there too long. Hopefully one of you can come up with something better and knock me off the
> air.

Don't worry, Joe -- it'll be there until Jav kicks us off the internet
(this group's own Jav Henderson provides server space for
AlexisParkInn.com)!

It's a great story. Well written and extremely interesting.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Ross Richardson
April 4th 06, 04:06 PM
My wife and I took our plane earlier this year and flew over North
central Texas and the fires that affected Ringgold and Nacona, TX.
Ringgold was practically taken off the map. We stayed above 3000' only
to learn later that the Gov of TX was in the air above that area at the
same time. Wildfires have been a disaster to TX and OK this year. We are
finally getting rain.

Ross
KSWI

JJS wrote:

> Hey ya'll. As a tribute to the rural fire fighters and tanker pilots who risk their lives, Jay Honeck posted my
> "Nightmare" story over on his website, complete with some pictures of the burn areas. You can see it here:
>
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_oklahoma_fires.htm
>

> The story may not be there too long. Hopefully one of you can come up with something better and knock me off the
> air.

Jay Honeck
April 4th 06, 09:30 PM
> > It's a great story. Well written and extremely interesting.
>
> you might want to redo the thumbs.

Yeah, the auto-thumbnail feature in Frontpage made 'em too small (I
must've had that feature set incorrectly), and I don't have time to go
back and fix 'em.

They work -- just click on them.
--
Jay Honeck