PDA

View Full Version : Re: Become a kitplane manufacturer - cheap!!

Richard Lamb
July 16th 03, 07:53 AM
Never seen it before.
Original design high wing cabin job.

Probably a pusher engine behind the cockpit,
although no engine placement was indicated.

But if you really have some money and want to get into
kitplane production, try http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/

I'll make you a heck of a deal!

Richard

Richard Riley wrote:

> For a lot less than it cost me, anyway.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2424029571&category=26428
>
> I can't tell what the molds are for from the pictures - do they look
> familiar to anyone?

Barnyard BOb --
July 16th 03, 01:40 PM
>But if you really have some money and want to get into
>kitplane production, try http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/
>
>I'll make you a heck of a deal!
>
>Richard
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not to rain on your parade, but...
Berkut is available for new ownership, too.

http://www.berkutengineering.com/

Tell Vicki I sent you.
From a safe distance, of course.

Barnyard BOb --

Richard Lamb
July 16th 03, 05:24 PM
Yep. I've been getting her dressed for the prom.
Everything is now covered.
Most of it it through silver.
Still need to tape and spray the right wing and it's
ready for final paint.

Maybe some day?

Richard

Richard Riley wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:53:09 GMT, Richard Lamb >
> wrote:
>
> :Never seen it before.
> :Original design high wing cabin job.
> :
> :Probably a pusher engine behind the cockpit,
> :although no engine placement was indicated.
> :
> :But if you really have some money and want to get into
> :kitplane production, try http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/
> :
> :I'll make you a heck of a deal!
> :
> :Richard
>
> Thanks, I'd really rather beat my head against a wall for several
> months straight.
>
> BTW - isn't it time for an update on your new airplane? It's been a
> couple of months since the last.

Robert Bonomi
July 17th 03, 03:31 AM
In article >,
Richard Lamb > wrote:
>Yep. I've been getting her dressed for the prom.
>Everything is now covered.
>Most of it it through silver.
>Still need to tape and spray the right wing and it's
>ready for final paint.
>
>Maybe some day?

"some day"??

Thats the day before "mum day", right?

And next comes "two day". today? eeek!! you're two days late already!

Richard Lamb
July 17th 03, 06:21 AM
Robert Bonomi wrote:

> In article >,
> Richard Lamb > wrote:
> >Yep. I've been getting her dressed for the prom.
> >Everything is now covered.
> >Most of it it through silver.
> >Still need to tape and spray the right wing and it's
> >ready for final paint.
> >
> >Maybe some day?
>
> "some day"??
>
> Thats the day before "mum day", right?
>
> And next comes "two day". today? eeek!! you're two days late already!

Well, actually, I was projevting completion on Thursday at 4 PM.
But I think it's going to slip to Friday at 5.

Corrie
July 17th 03, 10:27 PM
In your case, all four of you are sitting in a Flying Wedgie! <WGDR>

> In a light plane, ie < 4 place, what's the difference between a cabin
> and a cockpit? My Delta sits three souls behind the pilot. Are they in
> the cabin back there, while I'm in the cockpit?

Seriously, and with great respect for your accomplishment, I think
you'd be correct. Hey - you're the only one what can reach them
lee-vers and pedals - *I'm* not a-gonna argue witcha!

;-^

Ron Wanttaja
July 18th 03, 06:08 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:25:47 -0400, "PDrapeau"
> wrote:

>The molds have some family resemblance with the Adventure Air amphib. If
>that's what they are, I don't think they're worth much... This aircraft was
>suppose to revolutionize the homebuilt movement. It was a bit on the heavy
>side and short on power and ended up leaving a few customers full of hope
>and short of cash... but that's my take on it...
>
>Anyone flying an Adventure Air ???

Got email from a guy in Spain a month or so ago, asking me to identify an
amphibian he saw flying around one of the local harbors. Definitely was an
Adventure Air.

Ran a casual search of the FAA database...looks like there are about 20-25
still on the rolls. A bit hard to pin down because of other types using
the "Adventurer" name.

Ron Wanttaja

Google