PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Weather in TN

Jay Honeck
April 8th 06, 01:21 PM
I see that Tennessee is getting pounded with severe weather and
tornadoes again. Anyone going to/from Sun N Fun from my neck of the
woods is bound to be impacted. Anyone here based around there? It
sounds like quite a mess.

When we flew down to SNF in '04 we ended up stuck in Nashville for
three days due to freezing rain and snow! It was a great place to be
stuck, quite frankly (we had a great time!), but it wasn't what we were
banking on.

In fact, in our four springtime flights to Florida, we have never made
it all the way down *and* back without being stuck SOMEWHERE for
weather -- usually due to ice. (We've always made it down *or* back
in about 6 hours -- but the reciprocal trip has always been delayed.)

People always talk about the Midwest being wild in the spring, but you
Southern guys seem to get your share, right along that boundary between
the Canadian and tropical air...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA