PDA

View Full Version : SNF WiFi?

john smith
April 8th 06, 04:00 PM
Did anyone who went to SNF avail themselves of the WiFi connectability?

John Theune
April 10th 06, 04:03 AM
john smith wrote:
> Did anyone who went to SNF avail themselves of the WiFi connectability?
I did and I was very disapointed. Coverage was very poor. None at all
in the Warbirds area or the ultralight area. I was told that they had a
antenna pointed at the media center but I was never able to get a
connection there. It only seemed to work in the exhibit area and even
then I would often only get a 5.5 MB connection. About the only place I
could use it was in the Aces Cafe ( Old mageritaville ) and there was no
power there so I would run my laptop battery down and then carry the
unit back out to the Vintage building and recharge it, then go back in.
If I had it to do again I would not.

John

Jay Honeck
April 10th 06, 04:16 AM
> About the only place I
> could use it was in the Aces Cafe ( Old mageritaville )

*gasp!*

I don't care about wi-fi -- but MargaritaVille is gone? This is a
catastrophe!

MargaritaVille was what made Sun N Fun *not* Oshkosh! Sitting in the
sun, listening to Jimmy Buffet under the swaying palm trees, sipping a
margarita at the end of a long day of airplanes...man, that was a
unique fly-in!

SNF has really screwed up getting rid of that place...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Bob Noel
April 10th 06, 04:21 AM
In article . com>,
"Jay Honeck" > wrote:

> > About the only place I
> > could use it was in the Aces Cafe ( Old mageritaville )
>
> *gasp!*
>
> I don't care about wi-fi -- but MargaritaVille is gone? This is a
> catastrophe!
>
> MargaritaVille was what made Sun N Fun *not* Oshkosh! Sitting in the
> sun, listening to Jimmy Buffet under the swaying palm trees, sipping a
> margarita at the end of a long day of airplanes...man, that was a
> unique fly-in!
>
> SNF has really screwed up getting rid of that place...

suggestion: make your own tribute to MargaritaVille next time you
are there. A small CD player, some maragitas, and even a small
palm tree (it'll fit in Atlas, won't it?)...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Big John
April 11th 06, 05:44 PM
Bob

Tree(s) should not be a problem. I'm sure you have seen the figures,
etc that are blown up with a squirrel cage fan in front of business
for advertising. A tree like that rolled up and the small fan would
even fit in a 152 so Jay's big bird could carry a forest if he wanted
to :o)

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:21:27 -0400, Bob Noel
> wrote:

>In article . com>,
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote:
>
>> > About the only place I
>> > could use it was in the Aces Cafe ( Old mageritaville )
>>
>> *gasp!*
>>
>> I don't care about wi-fi -- but MargaritaVille is gone? This is a
>> catastrophe!
>>
>> MargaritaVille was what made Sun N Fun *not* Oshkosh! Sitting in the
>> sun, listening to Jimmy Buffet under the swaying palm trees, sipping a
>> margarita at the end of a long day of airplanes...man, that was a
>> unique fly-in!
>>
>> SNF has really screwed up getting rid of that place...
>
>suggestion: make your own tribute to MargaritaVille next time you
>are there. A small CD player, some maragitas, and even a small
>palm tree (it'll fit in Atlas, won't it?)...

John T
April 12th 06, 06:01 PM
I saw a bunch of inflatible palm trees from "oriental trading co", a
place that imports all kinds of chinese made trinkets. I saw them on the
cover of their catalog. Do a google, you'll probably find their website.

Google