PDA

View Full Version : ICOM A23 Transformer Specs

April 15th 06, 07:53 PM
Would someone please give me the specs for the AC-DC transformer for
the ICOM A-23? I've misplaced mine and ICOM wants $40 for a
replacement. I can probably do better with a generic one from Radio
Shack. I need to know the polarity, DC voltage, and amps.

Thanks

(Sorry for the cross-post to rec.aviation.piloting, but that group
seems more active than the rest.)

Jeremy Lew
April 15th 06, 08:07 PM
Mine says:
Input: 120VAC 60Hz 4.5W
Output: 12VDC 200 mA
Class 2 Transformer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Would someone please give me the specs for the AC-DC transformer for
> the ICOM A-23? I've misplaced mine and ICOM wants $40 for a
> replacement. I can probably do better with a generic one from Radio
> Shack. I need to know the polarity, DC voltage, and amps.
>
> Thanks
>
> (Sorry for the cross-post to rec.aviation.piloting, but that group
> seems more active than the rest.)

Jeremy Lew
April 15th 06, 08:10 PM
Sorry, forgot the polarity:
Outer ring -, Inner ring +

"Jeremy Lew" > wrote in message
. ..
> Mine says:
> Input: 120VAC 60Hz 4.5W
> Output: 12VDC 200 mA
> Class 2 Transformer
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Would someone please give me the specs for the AC-DC transformer for
>> the ICOM A-23? I've misplaced mine and ICOM wants $40 for a
>> replacement. I can probably do better with a generic one from Radio
>> Shack. I need to know the polarity, DC voltage, and amps.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> (Sorry for the cross-post to rec.aviation.piloting, but that group
>> seems more active than the rest.)

rps
April 15th 06, 08:23 PM
Thanks!

Greg Farris
April 15th 06, 11:26 PM
In article >,
says...

>Sorry, forgot the polarity:
>Outer ring -, Inner ring +

You also need the size - these things come in a million different
sizes. The Outside Diameter on mine is 3.5mm.

GF

Michael Ware
April 16th 06, 04:23 AM
"Greg Farris" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> >

> >Sorry, forgot the polarity:
> >Outer ring -, Inner ring +
> >
> You also need the size - these things come in a million different
> sizes. The Outside Diameter on mine is 3.5mm.
>
> GF

Look here. Cheep Cheep!

http://www.hosfeltelectronics.com/

Google