> http://i3.tinypic.com/wb5ld5.jpg
>
> ID this plane please...
>
> The Monk

Westland Pterodactyl

--
Philip Morten

AJ
April 24th 06, 05:52 PM
The famous Flatulent Flying Sea Slug II. The Slug I was the ugly one.

AJ

John Ousterhout
April 24th 06, 07:48 PM
Flyingmonk wrote:
> http://i3.tinypic.com/wb5ld5.jpg
>
> ID this plane please...
>
> The Monk

Ah, yes. That would be the infamous Montjet Mk I prototype.

It wasn't until the Mk II that self-educated aero-engineer Montblack
discovered that jets don't require a propeller.

- John Ousterhout -

john smith
April 24th 06, 09:19 PM
In article <q493g.942738$xm3.500322@attbi_s21>,
John Ousterhout > wrote:

> Flyingmonk wrote:
> > http://i3.tinypic.com/wb5ld5.jpg
> >
> > ID this plane please...
> >
> > The Monk
>
> Ah, yes. That would be the infamous Montjet Mk I prototype.

Note the aluminum construction.

> It wasn't until the Mk II that self-educated aero-engineer Montblack
> discovered that jets don't require a propeller.

Also, the aluminum components were replaced by composites in the MkII.

Anno v. Heimburg
April 25th 06, 08:57 AM
Philip Morten wrote:
> Westland Pterodactyl

Westland even has it on their history page:

http://www.whl.co.uk/history_gallery.cfm

Flyingmonk
April 25th 06, 09:36 PM
Good Job phillip, it didn't even take you very long. :-))

The Monk

Montblack
April 28th 06, 08:52 PM
("John Ousterhout" wrote)
> It wasn't until the Mk II that self-educated aero-engineer Montblack
> discovered that jets don't require a propeller.

The MontJet is in trouble...
[See the "MontJet update" thread]

http://www.luft46.com/bv/bvp204.html
Prop + Jet

http://www.geocities.com/asymmetrics/bv204.htm
Prop + Jet

Montblack
Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
Lew Moran: "You told Towns he was behaving as if stupidity was a virtue. If
he's making it into a virtue, YOU'RE MAKING IT INTO A BLOODY SCIENCE!"

Google