PDA

View Full Version : Developers eyeing one of my local fields

B A R R Y
April 25th 06, 07:38 PM
For those who haven't been here, HFD isn't exactly a backwoods airport,
and is location of AOPA Expo 2007. Some local folks would like to close it:

<http://www.courant.com/news/local/hr/hc-riverfrontsouth0421.artapr21,0,3235726.story>

AJ
April 25th 06, 08:33 PM
We have the same problem here in New Jersey. Landowners are opting for
quick bucks and selling to developers, who spew forth these "ghettos
for the rich."

What to do, what to do?

AJ

rps
April 26th 06, 12:18 AM
AJ wrote:

> What to do, what to do?

Maybe start by getting AOPA involved.

Grumman-581
April 26th 06, 05:51 AM
"AJ" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What to do, what to do?

Burn a Star of David in the developer's front yard?

Greg Farris
April 26th 06, 07:29 AM
In article . com>,
says...

>Maybe start by getting AOPA involved.

Yes, make sure the AOPA is aware of the proposal.
Nevertheless, Hartford Brainard is a very prominent facility, with lots
of activity, a demonstrable support role to Bradley, whose tower
radar services it shares as well - unless you've got some real mafia
mayor Daley types there, the threat should not be expected to get very
far.

Nevertheless, get AOPA on it right away, and make sure any
"informational" meetings are well attended. In New England, some
surprising things can get passed with a hand vote at a "Town Meeting"
style assembly, so stay vigilant. And good luck.

GF

Skylune
April 26th 06, 02:29 PM
by "AJ" > Apr 25, 2006 at 12:33 PM

We have the same problem here in New Jersey. Landowners are opting for
quick bucks and selling to developers, who spew forth these "ghettos
for the rich."

What to do, what to do?

<<

Outbid the developer?