PDA

View Full Version : Will the FAA be the next victim of the Government AX?

NOIRS
April 27th 06, 07:04 PM
We are one Mid-Air away folks

WASHINGTON - Hurricane Katrina turned FEMA into a "symbol of
a bumbling bureaucracy" so far beyond repair that it should
be scrapped, senators said Thursday. They called for
creation of a new disaster relief agency as the next storm
season looms on the horizon

"Bumbling bureaucracy"

That sounds so familiar just like the other Government
agency we know so well

Steven P. McNicoll
April 27th 06, 07:13 PM
"NOIRS" > wrote in message
. ..

> We are one Mid-Air away folks
>

> WASHINGTON - Hurricane Katrina turned FEMA into a "symbol of a bumbling
> bureaucracy" so far beyond repair that it should be scrapped, senators
> said Thursday. They called for creation of a new disaster relief agency as
> the next storm season looms on the horizon
>
> "Bumbling bureaucracy"
>
> That sounds so familiar just like the other Government agency we know so
> well

If we have that mid-air, how many would the total then be?

AJ
April 27th 06, 08:21 PM
Just look what the current administration did to NASA's Science
Exploration Division.

AJ

Aluckyguess
April 28th 06, 01:31 AM
Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
Give it to the army.
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "NOIRS" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> We are one Mid-Air away folks
>>

>> WASHINGTON - Hurricane Katrina turned FEMA into a "symbol of a bumbling
>> bureaucracy" so far beyond repair that it should be scrapped, senators
>> said Thursday. They called for creation of a new disaster relief agency
>> as the next storm season looms on the horizon
>>
>> "Bumbling bureaucracy"
>>
>> That sounds so familiar just like the other Government agency we know so
>> well
>>

> If we have that mid-air, how many would the total then be?

Steven P. McNicoll
April 28th 06, 02:08 AM
Aluckyguess wrote:

>Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
> Give it to the army.

Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Sam Spade
April 28th 06, 02:27 AM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> Aluckyguess wrote:
>
>>Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
>>Give it to the army.
>>

> Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast
enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the
economy folds. If there is any margin remaining, then the troops can do
natural disaster control and recovery as well.

Jose
April 28th 06, 02:58 AM
> After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the economy folds. If there is any margin remaining, then the troops can do natural disaster control and recovery as well.

When they're done, they can take on the drug lords, pornographers,
deadbeat dads, and jaywalkers.

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.

Grumman-581
April 28th 06, 03:06 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Don't ask, don't tell... <evil-grin>

Dudley Henriques
April 28th 06, 03:07 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Aluckyguess wrote:
>>
>>Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
>> Give it to the army.
>>

> Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Target Practice?

Dudley

GeorgeC
April 28th 06, 05:50 PM
Target practice? <evil-grin>

On 27 Apr 2006 18:08:45 -0700, "Steven P. McNicoll" >
wrote:

>Aluckyguess wrote:
>>
>>Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
>> Give it to the army.
>>

>Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

GeorgeC

Newps
April 28th 06, 07:18 PM
Sam Spade wrote:

> After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast
> enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the
> economy folds.

When the economy folds? The economy is booming.

Sam Spade
April 28th 06, 07:54 PM
Newps wrote:

> Sam Spade wrote:
>

>> After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast
>> enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the
>> economy folds.
>

> When the economy folds? The economy is booming.

Not hardly. Only the stock market is booming, but stay tuned.

Steven P. McNicoll
April 28th 06, 09:59 PM
"Sam Spade" > wrote in message

> Not hardly. Only the stock market is booming, but stay tuned.

The economy IS booming. You need to find a better news source.

Steven P. McNicoll
April 29th 06, 12:58 AM
"Sam Spade" > wrote in message

> After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast enough
> to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the economy
> folds. If there is any margin remaining, then the troops can do natural
> disaster control and recovery as well.

It appears you're a complete wacko.

Matt Barrow
April 29th 06, 03:57 PM
"Sam Spade" > wrote in message
> Newps wrote:
>>

>> Sam Spade wrote:
>>

>>> After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast
>>> enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the
>>> economy folds.
>>

>> When the economy folds? The economy is booming.
>
> Not hardly. Only the stock market is booming, but stay tuned.

The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
booming...

Jose
April 29th 06, 04:04 PM
> The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
> booming...

Guaranteed Navigational Performance is boosting the economy? Gee, GA
has more clout than I thought. :)

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.

Larry Dighera
April 29th 06, 05:12 PM
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:57:28 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
> wrote in
>::

>The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
>booming...

Because the President is spending your grandchildren's' income taxes
on wars...

Sam Spade
April 29th 06, 05:36 PM
Matt Barrow wrote:
> "Sam Spade" > wrote in message
>
>>Newps wrote:

>>>When the economy folds? The economy is booming.
>>
>>Not hardly. Only the stock market is booming, but stay tuned.
>

> The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
> booming...

Have you checked the weakness of the dollar recently? What about the
soaring trade deficit, not to mention the national dept load.

Then, there are a few airlines going broke, overvalued housing with
negative equity mortgages, and rapidly rising energy prices.

Sam Spade
April 29th 06, 05:36 PM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

> "Sam Spade" > wrote in message
>
>>After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast enough
>>to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the economy
>>folds. If there is any margin remaining, then the troops can do natural
>>disaster control and recovery as well.
>>

> It appears you're a complete wacko.

That means we have a common bond!

Matt Barrow
April 29th 06, 05:41 PM
"Sam Spade" > wrote in message
> Matt Barrow wrote:
>> "Sam Spade" > wrote in message

>>>Not hardly. Only the stock market is booming, but stay tuned.
>>

>> The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
>> booming...
> Have you checked the weakness of the dollar recently?

Yes.

We've been hearing about that since the 60's.

http://capmag.com/article.asp?id=4240
http://capmag.com/article.asp?id=3306

> not to mention the national dept load.

Yes. Other nations are in similar straits (% wise) with much weaker
economies. Warren Buffet just took a mega-$billion hit from shorting the
dollar.

> Then, there are a few airlines going broke, overvalued housing with
> negative equity mortgages, and rapidly rising energy prices.

And for all that, the US is much more able to cope with changing conditions
than just about any nation on Earth and much more so than any large nation.

Martin Hotze
April 29th 06, 06:37 PM
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:41:31 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

>And for all that, the US is much more able to cope with changing conditions
>than just about any nation on Earth and much more so than any large nation.

True. But this is only possible due to the effect that the earth is flat.

:-)

#m
--
"We're out of toilet paper sir!"
<http://www.webcrunchers.com/crunch/Play/history/stories/toilet.html>

karl gruber
April 29th 06, 07:53 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> Because the President is spending your grandchildren's' income taxes
> on wars...

There won't be any "grandchildren" unless we kill the vermin every chance we
get.

Steven P. McNicoll
April 29th 06, 08:00 PM
"Sam Spade" > wrote in message

>> It appears you're a complete wacko.
>>

> That means we have a common bond!

Thank you for verifying my observation.

Steven P. McNicoll
April 29th 06, 08:08 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

>>The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
>>booming...
>>

> Because the President is spending your grandchildren's' income taxes
> on wars...

....which will make it more likely he will have grandchildren.

Larry Dighera
April 29th 06, 11:48 PM
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:08:06 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
> wrote in
. net>::

>"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message
>>>
>>>The stock market is booming because investment is booming because GNP is
>>>booming...
>>>

>> Because the President is spending your grandchildren's' income taxes
>> on wars...
>>

>...which will make it more likely he will have grandchildren.

The war in Iraq does nothing to increase the likelihood of a US
citizen's grandchild's survival; that's just the thinly veiled party
lie. We'd have to wage war against a lot more than Iraq for there to
be any measurable effect.

Now if the trillions of dollars baby Bush is spending on his war in
Iraq were spent on constructive things like reducing environmental
pollution, education, scientific research and development ..., instead
of a destructive personal vendetta, it might have some positive
effect.

Larry Dighera
April 29th 06, 11:49 PM
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:53:13 -0700, "karl gruber"
> wrote in >::

>There won't be any "grandchildren" unless we kill the vermin every chance we
>get.

So you're advocating the US commit genocide in the name of peace? :-)

Steven P. McNicoll
April 30th 06, 12:17 AM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> The war in Iraq does nothing to increase the likelihood of a US
> citizen's grandchild's survival; that's just the thinly veiled party
> lie. We'd have to wage war against a lot more than Iraq for there to
> be any measurable effect.

We are.

> Now if the trillions of dollars baby Bush is spending on his war in
> Iraq were spent on constructive things like reducing environmental
> pollution, education, scientific research and development ..., instead
> of a destructive personal vendetta, it might have some positive
> effect.

You bought the lie.

Steven P. McNicoll
April 30th 06, 12:17 AM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> So you're advocating the US commit genocide in the name of peace? :-)

No, he's not.

karl gruber
April 30th 06, 02:11 AM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:53:13 -0700, "karl gruber"
> > wrote in >::
>

>>There won't be any "grandchildren" unless we kill the vermin every chance
>>we
>>get.
>
> So you're advocating the US commit genocide in the name of peace? :-)

I advocate killing those whose only desire in life is to kill us. I also
avocate that the liberals stop the genocide on unborn babies.

Strange how hypocritical the left is.

Peter Duniho
April 30th 06, 06:11 AM
"karl gruber" > wrote in message
> Strange how hypocritical the left is.

As opposed to the right, who are anti-death (abortion) except when they
aren't (death-penalty).

Face it: no matter which side of the fence you're on, you can easily
over-simplify the other side's views and paint them as hypocritical. And
both sides do, over and over.

Too bad they (you) waste so much time demonizing people they (you) consider
their (your) opponents, rather than working together to accomplish good
things.

Pete

Jay Honeck
April 30th 06, 01:38 PM
> As opposed to the right, who are anti-death (abortion) except when they
> aren't (death-penalty).

Who *ever* said the Right was "anti-death"?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Larry Dighera
April 30th 06, 02:48 PM
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:11:30 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
> wrote in
>::

>Too bad they (you) waste so much time demonizing people they (you) consider
>their (your) opponents, rather than working together to accomplish good
>things.

Ah, the fresh voice of reason at last. Thanks. I was beginning to
think Christians had lost sight of the wisdom of their savior.

Matt Barrow
April 30th 06, 03:04 PM
> As opposed to the right, who are anti-death (abortion) except when they
> aren't (death-penalty).

Boy, now there's one of the best examples of childish rationalizing I've see
in a longggg time.

Steven P. McNicoll
April 30th 06, 10:31 PM
"Peter Duniho" > wrote in message

> As opposed to the right, who are anti-death (abortion) except when they
> aren't (death-penalty).
>
> Face it: no matter which side of the fence you're on, you can easily
> over-simplify the other side's views and paint them as hypocritical. And
> both sides do, over and over.

Neither side opposes the death penalty completely. The right believes the
death penalty should be reserved for the guilty, while left believes the
death penalty should be reserved for the innocent.

Skylune
May 1st 06, 03:09 PM
by Larry Dighera > Apr 29, 2006 at 04:12 PM

Because the President is spending your grandchildren's' income taxes
on wars...

<<

And on subsidies to GA airports.

Larry Dighera
May 1st 06, 05:03 PM
On Mon, 01 May 2006 10:09:58 -0400, "Skylune"
> wrote in
utaviation.com>::

>by Larry Dighera > Apr 29, 2006 at 04:12 PM
>
>Because the President is spending your grandchildren's' income taxes
>on wars...
>
><<
>
>And on subsidies to GA airports.

You are fortunate that it will have no effect on your progeny, as I'm
sure your keepers wouldn't allow you to breed. :-)

ted
May 4th 06, 02:04 AM
"AJ" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just look what the current administration did to NASA's Science
> Exploration Division.
>
> AJ

Nasa doesn't have a "science exploration division"

ted
May 4th 06, 02:05 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Aluckyguess wrote:
>>
>>Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
>> Give it to the army.
>>

> Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Soylent green.

ted
May 4th 06, 02:06 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Sam Spade" > wrote in message
>>
>> Not hardly. Only the stock market is booming, but stay tuned.
>>

> The economy IS booming. You need to find a better news source.

Or a better job.

Google