PDA

View Full Version : SSA-OLC League Update

Doug Haluza
May 3rd 06, 04:00 AM
The final results are in for Round 1 of the US SSA-OLC League, and we
had 25 clubs score; so the round was not devalued, and the top club got
the maxumum 50 points. Each of the other 24 clubs got one point less
than the next higher score, so the minimum score this round was 26
points. So it paid to get started early, but it's not too late to join
in the competition.

If you have not checked out the SSA-OLC League yet, go to the web page
at:

http://www.ssa.org/members/contestreports/OLC.htm

and click on the "OLC-League" button. There you will see the scoring,
and a link to the rules.

The OLC League runs every weekend through September 3, and is a great
way to get people interested (or keep them interested) in soaring with
your club. Only flights taking off from the club's designated home
airfeld count for the League competition, and they must be documented
with an FAI approved logger, and claimed at the OLC site. All flights
claimed are automatically scored in the OLC League if they qualify. The
minimum scoring is 50 handicapped points in 2.5 hours with up to 4
legs. The top three scores from each club count towards the ranking for
the round. There are 18 more rounds this year.

If you have specific questions or to report scoring problems for the
first round, contact the SSA-OLC committe at olc<at>ssa<dot>org for the
US or help<at>onlincontest<dot>org for other countries.

Paul Remde
May 3rd 06, 06:08 AM
Hi,

It rained here in Minnesota all weekend. But this coming weekend is looking
much better and we are having a MN Cross Country Soaring Regatta which
should give us the critical mass required to have a good score in the OLC
League. I can't wait to compete!

Paul Remde

"Doug Haluza" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The final results are in for Round 1 of the US SSA-OLC League, and we
> had 25 clubs score; so the round was not devalued, and the top club got
> the maxumum 50 points. Each of the other 24 clubs got one point less
> than the next higher score, so the minimum score this round was 26
> points. So it paid to get started early, but it's not too late to join
> in the competition.
>
> If you have not checked out the SSA-OLC League yet, go to the web page
> at:
>
> http://www.ssa.org/members/contestreports/OLC.htm
>
> and click on the "OLC-League" button. There you will see the scoring,
> and a link to the rules.
>
> The OLC League runs every weekend through September 3, and is a great
> way to get people interested (or keep them interested) in soaring with
> your club. Only flights taking off from the club's designated home
> airfeld count for the League competition, and they must be documented
> with an FAI approved logger, and claimed at the OLC site. All flights
> claimed are automatically scored in the OLC League if they qualify. The
> minimum scoring is 50 handicapped points in 2.5 hours with up to 4
> legs. The top three scores from each club count towards the ranking for
> the round. There are 18 more rounds this year.
>
> If you have specific questions or to report scoring problems for the
> first round, contact the SSA-OLC committe at olc<at>ssa<dot>org for the
> US or help<at>onlincontest<dot>org for other countries.

Google