PDA

View Full Version : Helpful ATC Lemoore approach

Robert M. Gary
May 3rd 06, 11:44 PM
I was flying through the central valley in California around 8pm and
was wondering if Harris Ranch was closed. Since it was slow I thought
I'd ask ATC if they knew (Harris Ranch is a popular destination for
those living in the Lemoore area). He went into their break room and
found a menu hanging on the wall, read me the hours and offered me
direct to Harris Ranch. He then asked if I wanted to go IFR after
dinner. I told him yes and he put an IFR flight plan in for me for home
after dinner. You can't get much better service than that! (BTW: Dinner
was awesome as always, especially after flying back from a week in
Mexico, w/o any good steak). The topper of the trip was I was parked
next to Eva Longoria at customs!

-Robert

Google