PDA

View Full Version : SSA group insurance policy for Non owned Glider.

rich
May 7th 06, 05:22 AM
Did anyone else get a letter from AIG underwriting indicating that at
renewal, " policy may have a significant premium increase and / or
change (s) in policy conditions or coverages"? Letter came from a
Robert Lombardo, underwriter with AIG Tempe AZ.
Rich

Jim
May 8th 06, 03:37 PM
On 6 May 2006 21:22:50 -0700, "rich" > wrote:

>Did anyone else get a letter from AIG underwriting indicating that at
>renewal, " policy may have a significant premium increase and / or
>change (s) in policy conditions or coverages"? Letter came from a
>Robert Lombardo, underwriter with AIG Tempe AZ.
>Rich

Yes, I received this letter last week. I haven't yet called Costello
to get the details.

Jim

Marc Ramsey
May 8th 06, 04:19 PM
Jim wrote:
> On 6 May 2006 21:22:50 -0700, "rich" > wrote:
>
>> Did anyone else get a letter from AIG underwriting indicating that at
>> renewal, " policy may have a significant premium increase and / or
>> change (s) in policy conditions or coverages"? Letter came from a
>> Robert Lombardo, underwriter with AIG Tempe AZ.
>> Rich
>
> Yes, I received this letter last week. I haven't yet called Costello
> to get the details.

I've been receiving similar letters from USAIG (not the same company as
AIG, by the way) just before renewal for years. In addition, I believe
they leave open the option of canceling coverage altogether (but never
do). Here in California, anyway, it's apparently a side effect of state
insurance regulations enacted a few years ago...

Marc

May 26th 06, 05:54 PM
It is meaningless.

It's now required to be sent by any Ins. Co. (at least in CA) that
MIGHT make changes to your policy at renewal.

The problem is now EVERY insurance company makes it SOP for EVERY
renewal rendering the disclosure completely meaningless.

Just another example of Polititian's poorly thought-through regulations
that increase the cost of insurance to us without providing ANY
benefit.

Kris

Google