PDA

View Full Version : SZD 55 beats 1000 km

May 10th 06, 11:46 PM
On May 6 in Mifflin, PA 2 SZD 55-1 flew over 1000 km on the
Pennsylvania ridges. The flight took over 8 hours and the pilots landed
3 minutes before sunset in open field. Way to go SZD 55 pilots. Take a
look at the OLC site for more details of the flights.

Jacek Kobiesa
Washington State

May 11th 06, 02:19 PM
... and without water!

For the Canadian pilot it may be a Citizen Record flight.

Mifflin is so much fun!

Bob

wrote:
> On May 6 in Mifflin, PA 2 SZD 55-1 flew over 1000 km on the
> Pennsylvania ridges. The flight took over 8 hours and the pilots landed
> 3 minutes before sunset in open field. Way to go SZD 55 pilots. Take a
> look at the OLC site for more details of the flights.
>
> Jacek Kobiesa
> Washington State

May 12th 06, 06:13 AM
We would dump water pass Cumberland anyway.
It wasn't strong day.Wind south of Petersburg was less 9 mph.
We just told everyone we'll fly 1000 so we had to do it.
Ryszard
wrote:
> .. and without water!
>
> For the Canadian pilot it may be a Citizen Record flight.
>
> Mifflin is so much fun!
>
> Bob

Jono Richards
May 12th 06, 09:35 PM
At 05:18 12 May 2006,
wrote:

>We just told everyone we'll fly 1000 so we had to do
>it.
>Ryszard

Well, I like that logic! Guys and girls, I have an
ASW19 and I am going to fly a 3000km triangle. I better
get cracking..

JR

Google