PDA

View Full Version : Re: ME-262 in New York?

Bob Kuykendall
July 17th 03, 07:03 PM
(FLYWITHJAY) wrote in message >...

> Not an ME262. Here's a link to the local newspaper...

Yeah, checking the N-number against the US registry, I get:

N-number : N103JC
Aircraft Serial Number : FC-119
Aircraft Manufacturer : FAIRCHILD
Model : M-62A-3
Engine Manufacturer : FAIRCHILD
Model : 6-440 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1943

Except for the "62" part, it doesn't sound much like a two-engine turbojet to me...

Bob K.

JDupre5762
July 18th 03, 02:06 AM
>> Not an ME262. Here's a link to the local newspaper...
>
>Yeah, checking the N-number against the US registry, I get:
>
>N-number : N103JC
>Aircraft Serial Number : FC-119
>Aircraft Manufacturer :

>FAIRCHILD
> Model : M-62A-3
>Engine Manufacturer : FAIRCHILD
> Model : 6-440 SERIES
>Aircraft Year : 1943

M 62 is the manufacturers model number for the PT 19 Cornell. Powered by a
Ranger in line inverted 6 cylinder engine. That M-62A-3 has been bugging me
since the start of this thread.

John Dupre'

Ditch
July 18th 03, 05:04 AM
>Not an ME262. Here's a link to the local newspaper.

Yea...I checked the database and it is apparently a Fairchild. Wonder why the
FAA calls it an ME-262..oh wait...it's the FAA...they don't get much right.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*

Google