PDA

View Full Version : Gatineau Gliding Club

Jimbo1999
May 16th 06, 10:53 PM
Hey,

Anyone on here from the Gatineau Gliding Club? I'm going to be taking a 2
week holiday in Ottawa in June and would like to try flying at a club in
another country.

I'm a student pilot living in England and was wondering if getting a flight
or two would be possible at Gatineau, just for the experience.

Thanks,
Jimbo.

May 17th 06, 01:51 AM
Try: http://www.gatineauglidingclub.ca/Contact.shtml

And Montreal SC is just a bit further east...
http://www.flymsc.org/index_01.htm

For maps: http://www.aci.on.ca/~boblepp/SAC/ontario.htm#east

Other Ontario clubs are at least a 5 hour drive west of Ottawa, road
distances are covered more quickly in Canada as you likely know, as
compared to your home country.

Hope you enjoy the vacation!

Bob

If you have trouble making contact let me know and I'll help.

Bob

India November
May 17th 06, 03:17 AM
Jimbo,

Gatineau GC would be happy to welcome you as a guest.

If you want to do only a couple of flights the best option would be to
take introductory passenger flights at $60 each. The club also offers
visiting guest memberships for $140 plas SAC fees but you must also buy
a flight package for $220. This works if you plan on doing a lot of
flying in one week.

You can find out more about club location and facilities etc on the
website at www.gatineauglidingclub.ca. The club phone number isl
673-5386. It's a local call from Ottawa when you get here.

If you need more information please contact me.

Ian Grant
CFI

Jimbo1999 wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Anyone on here from the Gatineau Gliding Club? I'm going to be taking a 2
> week holiday in Ottawa in June and would like to try flying at a club in
> another country.
>
> I'm a student pilot living in England and was wondering if getting a flight
> or two would be possible at Gatineau, just for the experience.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimbo.

Tim F
May 17th 06, 04:57 PM
There are two clubs to consider in Ottawa before deciding you need to
drive west or east. Rideau Valley Soaring is smaller than our sister
club, but a little closer to the central area. You can find contact
details on our web site.

http://www.rideauvalleysoaring.com

wrote:
> Try: http://www.gatineauglidingclub.ca/Contact.shtml
>
> And Montreal SC is just a bit further east...
> http://www.flymsc.org/index_01.htm
>
> For maps: http://www.aci.on.ca/~boblepp/SAC/ontario.htm#east
>
> Other Ontario clubs are at least a 5 hour drive west of Ottawa, road
> distances are covered more quickly in Canada as you likely know, as
> compared to your home country.
>
> Hope you enjoy the vacation!
>
> Bob
>

> If you have trouble making contact let me know and I'll help.
>
> Bob

Google