PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an SGS-135

May 17th 06, 02:03 PM
A fright dog friend is looking for a 1-35 and I thought I saw one for
sale in the PHX area but have not been able to relocate it. Any one
out there know something about that? Buhler, Buhler?

Zulu, (Billy Hill)

Jack
May 17th 06, 04:03 PM
I saw on Tim Mara's Webpage where one had sold on 4-10-2006. It flew
out of Air Sailing in NV. There were others listed in the past few
months but I saw no active listings there today. I couldn't get to the
SSA site this morning. By the way, just what is a "fright dog friend"?

Hope your friend, fright dog or otherwise, finds a good 1-35. I cut my
X-C teeth in one and still have a soft spot for them.

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

Frank Whiteley
May 17th 06, 07:21 PM
Three on SSA web site (wasn't accessible earlier, but okay now). One
listed in 2005, the others early 2006.

Frank Whiteley

P. Corbett
May 18th 06, 05:34 AM
wrote:
> A fright dog friend is looking for a 1-35 and I thought I saw one for
> sale in the PHX area but have not been able to relocate it. Any one
> out there know something about that? Buhler, Buhler?
>
> Zulu, (Billy Hill)

One at Mountain Valley in Tehachapi, CA. I don't think that it is
officially for sale but I believe the owner will never fly it again.
Check with Jane at (661) 822-5267.

Paul

Frank Whiteley
May 18th 06, 07:25 AM
One at Boulder that hasn't moved in years. Try John Campbell at Mile
High Gliding for more info on contacting the owner, 303-527-1122.

Frank Whiteley

Jack
May 18th 06, 08:05 PM
There's one at TSA in Midlothian, Texas. It hasn't moved in years,
either. There's also a Zuni there for about what a 1-35 goes for. The
1-35 is a C model, and I believe it belongs to Greg Aiklen. I have no
other knowledge of the ship's current condition. I recall that he
advertised for a partner a couple of years ago, I think to get it
airborne and flying regularly. He might sell it outright, though it's
not actively for sale to my knowledge.

The 1-35 website is
http://users.goldengate.net/%7Etmrent/soar/docs/135/sgs135new.htm

Still wondering on the "fright dog friend" thing...

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

May 19th 06, 04:45 AM
Jack wrote:
> I saw on Tim Mara's Webpage where one had sold on 4-10-2006. It flew
> out of Air Sailing in NV. There were others listed in the past few
> months but I saw no active listings there today. I couldn't get to the
> SSA site this morning. By the way, just what is a "fright dog friend"?
>
> Hope your friend, fright dog or otherwise, finds a good 1-35. I cut my
> X-C teeth in one and still have a soft spot for them.
>
> Jack Womack
> PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

May 19th 06, 04:47 AM
Jack:

A fright dog is a pilot who hauls boxes for a living. The ultimate
fright dog works for FedEX and makes big bucks!

Billy Hill, Zulu

Jack
May 20th 06, 03:30 AM
I've got some slack dog friends, but that's another story...

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

Gary Emerson
May 20th 06, 12:43 PM
Speaking of FedEd...here is an amusing clip of appraches into Memphis w/
a Thunderstorm moving in.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/video-content/current-videos/fedex-thunderstorm-deviations-20060508233.htm

wrote:
> Jack:
>
> A fright dog is a pilot who hauls boxes for a living. The ultimate
> fright dog works for FedEX and makes big bucks!
>
> Billy Hill, Zulu

Google