PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Battery holders from glider manufacturers

Gary Emerson
May 21st 06, 10:56 PM
This group sees as a recurring post people looking to get more
electrical power.

To go from a 7ah standard gel cell to the same battery with 12 amp hours
would be a 70% increase in power, but the key will be manufacturers who
will modify their existing battery holders so they will accept a wider
battery such as the one linked below.

http://www.apexbattery.com/powersonic-ps-12100-ups-battery.html

mreyes
May 22nd 06, 05:15 AM
Last year I upgraded my battery from a 7ah to an identically sized 9ah.
Perhaps battery technology will allow a same sized 12ah one of these
days?

01-- Zero One
May 22nd 06, 12:59 PM
I bought a couple of PSH12100 batteries last year and they are
performing flawlessly. They have the same footprint as the common 7AH
battery and about 3.4" taller, but they deliver 10.5AH!

Larry -- zero one -

"mreyes" > wrote in message
ups.com:

> Last year I upgraded my battery from a 7ah to an identically sized 9ah.
> Perhaps battery technology will allow a same sized 12ah one of these
> days?

Jeremy Zawodny
May 30th 06, 07:25 PM
Gary Emerson wrote:
> This group sees as a recurring post people looking to get more
> electrical power.
>
> To go from a 7ah standard gel cell to the same battery with 12 amp hours
> would be a 70% increase in power, but the key will be manufacturers who
> will modify their existing battery holders so they will accept a wider
> battery such as the one linked below.
>
> http://www.apexbattery.com/powersonic-ps-12100-ups-battery.html

My glider came with a box that was sized for a 12ah battery. Are other
manufacturers still shipping new gliders with undersized battery boxes?

Jeremy

bumper
May 31st 06, 07:25 AM
The ASH26E is available with two 18 amp hour batteries fitted.

bumper

"Jeremy Zawodny" > wrote in message
> Gary Emerson wrote:
>> This group sees as a recurring post people looking to get more electrical
>> power.
>>
>> To go from a 7ah standard gel cell to the same battery with 12 amp hours
>> would be a 70% increase in power, but the key will be manufacturers who
>> will modify their existing battery holders so they will accept a wider
>> battery such as the one linked below.
>>
>> http://www.apexbattery.com/powersonic-ps-12100-ups-battery.html
>
> My glider came with a box that was sized for a 12ah battery. Are other
> manufacturers still shipping new gliders with undersized battery boxes?
>
> Jeremy

Marc Ramsey
May 31st 06, 07:53 AM
bumper wrote:
> The ASH26E is available with two 18 amp hour batteries fitted.

Speaking of which, my DG-600 came with a battery box sized for a battery
approximately 4 3/8 inches (110 mm) wide, 7 inches (175 mm) long, and 4
1/4 inches (105 mm) tall. The rear wall slopes back to 7 3/8 inches
long at the top. It appears to be large enough to hold a 16 or 18 amp
hour battery, but the closest I could find (a paired set of Powersonic
PS-1282S or PS-1282L) is slightly too long and too wide to fit.

Anyone know what this was intended to hold?

Marc

Google