PDA

View Full Version : SSA-OLC League scoring

Mark628CA
May 30th 06, 04:47 AM
Holy Cow!

I thought the Formula 1 scoring was really neat, until the Moriarty
weather hammered us!

Saturday was windy, and a lot of our top dogs were heading out to the
Region 9 contest. Nobody flew. Sunday was the same- it was flyable, and
there were HUGE dust devils indicating big-ass lift. Unfortunately, I
was on Operations duty and had a hangover. I should have flown, but I
didn't. Nor did anyone else. As a result, we scored no points. After
winning the first three (or four) weekends, we took a big zero in the
points.

Congratulations to Warner Springs and Black Forest for taking over the
lead.

I doubt we can come back, but we'll keep trying!

Mark Mocho

Mitch
May 30th 06, 12:51 PM
Uh oh, are the rumors true? Could Mitch be coming home soon to help
out? Would hate to have another pilot at Moriarty! Garret, congrats
on your weekend. Hope you enjoy IT.

5Z
May 30th 06, 06:19 PM
Mark628CA wrote:
> Congratulations to Warner Springs and Black Forest for taking over the
> lead.

Thanks Mark.

We got blown out at BFSS on Sunday and Monday, and *almost* on
Saturday.

Saturday, 3 of us headed toward Salida in hopes of some "ridge soaring"
on the Sangre de Cristo ridge S of there. Instead, we found wave.
Unfortunately, none of us was smart enough to figure out how to use it
for a fast league speed. But it was fun going from rough 5-10 knot
thermals into sometimes better than 20 knot wave. For a while I was
cruising at 110+ KIAS and varios still indicating better thatn 10 knots
up.

Then I got greedy looking at a little cu S of La Veta pass, and spent
the rest of the flight doing some ridge work on the Wet Mountains and
again Pikes Peak.

-Tom

Google