PDA

View Full Version : Get Out Of Jail Free Card

Casey Wilson
May 30th 06, 10:36 PM
What is the name of that form my buddy needs to use to 'fess up to an event
and get a free pass for beind a bad boy?

Peter R.
May 30th 06, 10:42 PM

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/forms/PDF_Files/general.pdf

--
Peter

Wiz
May 30th 06, 10:42 PM
You are probably thinking of the ASRS form:

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/forms.htm

Wiz

Jim Burns
May 30th 06, 10:49 PM
"Take my Harley, I didn't know she was your wife"
Jim

"Casey Wilson" <N2310D @ gmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the name of that form my buddy needs to use to 'fess up to an
event
> and get a free pass for beind a bad boy?

JJS
May 31st 06, 12:06 AM
"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> "Take my Harley, I didn't know she was your wife"
> Jim
>
> "Casey Wilson" <N2310D @ gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What is the name of that form my buddy needs to use to 'fess up to an
> event
>> and get a free pass for beind a bad boy?

Chuckle!

Steven P. McNicoll
May 31st 06, 01:20 AM
"Casey Wilson" <N2310D @ gmail.com> wrote in message

> What is the name of that form my buddy needs to use to 'fess up to an
> event and get a free pass for beind a bad boy?

What did you do?

Chris Colohan
June 1st 06, 05:54 AM
"Casey Wilson" <N2310D @ gmail.com> writes:
> What is the name of that form my buddy needs to use to 'fess up to an event
> and get a free pass for beind a bad boy?

The ASRS form is _not_ a get-out-of-jail-free card. All it says is
that what you write on the form won't be used against you. If the FAA
finds out the information through some other means other than the
form, you can't say "but I wrote that on the form!" and avoid any
consequences.

At least, that is my reading (and my instructor's reading) of the form:
http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/forms/PDF_Files/general.pdf
and CFR 91.25.

Chris
--
Chris Colohan Email: PGP: finger
Web: www.colohan.com Phone: (412)268-4751

Peter Duniho
June 1st 06, 06:12 AM
"Chris Colohan" > wrote in message
.. .
> The ASRS form is _not_ a get-out-of-jail-free card. All it says is
> that what you write on the form won't be used against you. If the FAA
> finds out the information through some other means other than the
> form, you can't say "but I wrote that on the form!" and avoid any
> consequences.
>
> At least, that is my reading (and my instructor's reading) of the form:
> http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/forms/PDF_Files/general.pdf
> and CFR 91.25.

You need to read more than just the form. As the form notes, the relevant
information can be found in Advisory Circular 00-46D, found here:

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/immunity_nf.htm

Pay particular attention to 9(c).

Pete

Google