PDA

View Full Version : My route to the 3rd annual ParasolAirplanes Fly In

Scott
July 18th 03, 03:04 AM
Here's my tentative route from Wisconsin to the fly in at Suffolk, VA
(july 25, 26, 2003). Sure would like to meet up with some list members
along the way (especially helpful if I could camp overnight in your yard
and bum a ride to/from the airport as I can't fit a folding bike with
camping gear in the Corben Junior Ace!)...planning to leave Wisconsin on
July 21st or 22nd...here's my route on the way down:

Y23 Chetek, WI (Home field) to
RRL (Merrill, WI) to
ESC (Escanaba, MI) to
83D (Mackinac County-St. Ignace, MI) to
Y31 (West Branch, MI) to
OZW (Livingston County, MI) to
USE (Fulton County, OH) to
AXV (Neil Armstrong, OH)

I plan to stay overnight at AXV if the weather and daylight allow me to
get that far in one day.

The next leg:

AXV to
I23 (Fayette County, OH) to
12V (Ona, WV) to
BKW (Checkpoint only, no stop) to
Follow New River Gorge through mountains to
BCB (Virginia Tech, VA) to
78N (Rockingham County, NC) to
RZZ (Halifax County, NC) to (finally)
SFQ ( Suffolk, VA)

Then, of course, the Saturday (morning) (July 26) fly out to First
Flight (Kitty Hawk).

Now for the return trip ending at Oshkosh (departing Suffolk, VA Sunday
AM the 27th:

SFQ to RZZ to
78N to BCB to
BKW to 12V to
I23 to AXV to
RCR (Fulton County, IN) to
C09 (Morris-Washburn, IL) to
DKB (DeKalb, IL checkpoint only) to
C77 (Poplar Grove, IL) to
UNU (Dodge County, WI) to
OSH

--

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com

Richard Lamb
July 18th 03, 07:28 PM
That's going to be a real Air Adventure, Scott.

Scott wrote:

> Here's my tentative route from Wisconsin to the fly in at Suffolk, VA
> (july 25, 26, 2003). Sure would like to meet up with some list members
> along the way (especially helpful if I could camp overnight in your yard
> and bum a ride to/from the airport as I can't fit a folding bike with
> camping gear in the Corben Junior Ace!)...planning to leave Wisconsin on
> July 21st or 22nd...here's my route on the way down:
>
> Y23 Chetek, WI (Home field) to
> RRL (Merrill, WI) to
> ESC (Escanaba, MI) to
> 83D (Mackinac County-St. Ignace, MI) to
> Y31 (West Branch, MI) to
> OZW (Livingston County, MI) to
> USE (Fulton County, OH) to
> AXV (Neil Armstrong, OH)
>
> I plan to stay overnight at AXV if the weather and daylight allow me to
> get that far in one day.
>
> The next leg:
>
> AXV to
> I23 (Fayette County, OH) to
> 12V (Ona, WV) to
> BKW (Checkpoint only, no stop) to
> Follow New River Gorge through mountains to
> BCB (Virginia Tech, VA) to
> 78N (Rockingham County, NC) to
> RZZ (Halifax County, NC) to (finally)
> SFQ ( Suffolk, VA)
>
> Then, of course, the Saturday (morning) (July 26) fly out to First
> Flight (Kitty Hawk).
>
> Now for the return trip ending at Oshkosh (departing Suffolk, VA Sunday
> AM the 27th:
>
> SFQ to RZZ to
> 78N to BCB to
> BKW to 12V to