PDA

View Full Version : Re: Concorde - join the campaign

Don Johnstone
June 4th 06, 10:55 AM
:

>> I kinda wonder about that - it seems the SR-71 wasn't
>>improved by CAD
>> otherwise they would've done 'something better'.
>>Sometimes the
>> original is often the best...
>>

>How do you know there isn't something better? :)

There is something better for PR but it goes out of
service next month. Designed in the 1940s and still
in service a photo reconisance platform that has no
equal. Sometimes what you have is better than what
you might get.
As I recall Boeing tried to design an SST, one major
problem, no Brits on the design team.

Graeme Cant
June 4th 06, 12:33 PM
Don Johnstone wrote:

>... a photo reconisance platform

r e c o n n a i s s a n c e, Don. It's French.

> As I recall Boeing tried to design an SST, one major
> problem, no Brits on the design team.

Dead right, Don.
No Brits.
Absolute disaster.

Result?
Not ONE penny of UK government subsidy for the Boeing SST!
Look where it got them!
Had to go off and build the 747 with their own money!
Poor bloody Boeing.

Look at what might have been.
Half the Tristar designed by Brits and ALL the engines!
Yesss!
Triumph of British engineering!
HEAPS of Don's taxes used to help it along!
Roaring success!

Can't understand why it sent Lockheed broke.

Oh well.

GC

Google