PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Martin died

William Bruce
June 5th 06, 12:43 AM
Those of you in the Southeast may remember Ralph Martin of Catherine,
Alabama, who died Friday of a malignacy. Ralph was a long time pilot and
instructor who gave me my first airplane ride as a youngster in his Luscombe
out of his cow pasture. Later, he was also my insturctor pilot and we owned
jointly my first airplane, a Piper Colt, bought almost new for $4,200 in
1962.

Ralph went on to own a Tri-Pacer, a Bonanza and a Seneca. He was also the
corporate pilot for Alabama Farmer's Coop in their various twins. Ralph was
a well known and well thought of in Alabama aviation and farming circles.
He will be missed.

William Bruce

Jay Honeck
June 6th 06, 04:13 AM
> He will be missed.

Sounds like we lost another good one. Thanks for sharing that info,
William.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA