PDA

View Full Version : From The AP Wire ...

Jay Beckman
June 5th 06, 10:23 PM
Upshot:

Pilot has heart attack ... manages an off-field landing from which pax walk
away ... pilot (unfortunately) eventually succumbs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13147788/?GT1=8211

Talk about not giving in to "resignation."

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Andrew Gideon
June 5th 06, 10:47 PM
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:23:03 -0700, Jay Beckman wrote:

> Talk about not giving in to "resignation."

Good decision making too (ie. to land off-field rather than try to reach
an airport). Quite admirable.

- Andrew

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
June 5th 06, 11:19 PM
Andrew Gideon wrote:
>> Talk about not giving in to "resignation."
>
> Good decision making too (ie. to land off-field rather than try to reach
> an airport). Quite admirable.

Part of their good fortune was that they were flying over some sparsely
populated land. It might not have turned out quite so well if he'd been flying
over northern Virginia when he infarcted. I know around here there are many
places to crash and few places to land. In the eastern part of my state (NC),
it's the opposite.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

mikeytag
June 6th 06, 09:49 PM
Unbelievable story. I always like to fly with one other pilot whenever
possible so this sort of thing doesn't happen. But that can't happen every
time. I think its amazing that he had the wherewithall to determine that
he
was having a heart attack and needed to land immediately.

Mike

Google