PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here flying a Little Wing gyro?

June 6th 06, 01:05 PM
Greetings,

I just purchased plans for the Little Wing, and am trying to get an
idea of how many of them are flying. I really like the idea of a
tractor configuration, but there just aren't many of them around.

Thanks,
Rusty

Kensandyeggo
June 6th 06, 05:44 PM
Go to www.rotaryforum.com. There are threads on building the Little
Wing. One is about 3 builders building them together.

Ken

wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just purchased plans for the Little Wing, and am trying to get an
> idea of how many of them are flying. I really like the idea of a
> tractor configuration, but there just aren't many of them around.
>
> Thanks,
> Rusty

Kensandyeggo
June 8th 06, 04:22 AM
Rusty, are you aware of the one that set all the distance and altitude
records? Pilot's name is Andy Keech. Do a search, he may have a
website up. All his flying and records are a pretty good testimonial
for the Little Wing. There was also a lengthy article in either Sport
Pilot or Kitplanes, I forget which, about one of his flights that
landed at Kitty Hawk.

Ken

wrote:
> Kensandyeggo wrote:
> > Go to www.rotaryforum.com. There are threads on building the Little
> > Wing. One is about 3 builders building them together.
>
> Thanks Ken, but I've already been through all the LW threads, and asked
> the same question on the forum. What I'm looking for are people with
> finished, currently flying LW gyros. I know they take quite a while to
> build, but as long as they've been out, it just seems like there should
> be some flying.
>
> I know there's one really nice one for sale near Atlanta. I also found
> a builders site for a fellow that finished one, but later wrecked it.
> These are the only customer built examples I've heard of, but there
> must be more. I've purchased the plans, but I'm hesitant to put that
> much time and money into building an aircraft with so few flying
> examples.
>
> Cheers,
> Rusty

June 8th 06, 05:35 PM
Kensandyeggo wrote:
> Rusty, are you aware of the one that set all the distance and altitude
> records? Pilot's name is Andy Keech.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for mentioning Andy Keech. I had accidentally left that one off
my list of known flying Little Wings.

I found a web page for Andy, but it doen't mention that much about the
actual craft. I'm assuming it's basically a stock LW-5 with the
ability to have an aux tank. There was also a mention of heavy and
light rotors, and it would make sense that there were two sets
depending on the mission at hand. When it's not setting records, I
wonder how much it gets flown?

It still seems like there should be a lot more of these flying than
what I'm hearing about.

Thanks,
Rusty

Google