PDA

View Full Version : Region 9 Grand Canyon Flights

Mike the Strike
June 6th 06, 11:59 PM
A spectacular end to a week's fine soaring at the Region 9 contest in
Arizona saw over 20 gliders on a 500km task that took them up on the
high country with a final turn close to the south rim of the Grand
Canyon. It was my first trip so close to the canyon and what a
remarkable flight. Also note some of the 100-mile final glides from
17,000+ feet.

Those interested might want to check the flight logs, available on the
SSA web site.

Mike

John C
June 24th 06, 05:11 AM
Can't find these at SSA website. Does anyone have a zip of them?

Thanks,

John

Mike the Strike wrote:
> A spectacular end to a week's fine soaring at the Region 9 contest in
> Arizona saw over 20 gliders on a 500km task that took them up on the
> high country with a final turn close to the south rim of the Grand
> Canyon. It was my first trip so close to the canyon and what a
> remarkable flight. Also note some of the 100-mile final glides from
> 17,000+ feet.
>
> Those interested might want to check the flight logs, available on the
> SSA web site.
>
> Mike

Mike the Strike
June 24th 06, 07:30 AM
I can't find them on the SSA site any more either. I'll try to get
them on my web site and post a link.

Mike

John C wrote:
> Can't find these at SSA website. Does anyone have a zip of them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> Mike the Strike wrote:
> > A spectacular end to a week's fine soaring at the Region 9 contest in
> > Arizona saw over 20 gliders on a 500km task that took them up on the
> > high country with a final turn close to the south rim of the Grand
> > Canyon. It was my first trip so close to the canyon and what a
> > remarkable flight. Also note some of the 100-mile final glides from
> > 17,000+ feet.
> >
> > Those interested might want to check the flight logs, available on the
> > SSA web site.
> >
> > Mike

David Leonard
June 24th 06, 02:33 PM
Mike the Strike wrote:
> I can't find them on the SSA site any more either. I'll try to get
> them on my web site and post a link.
>

> Mike
>

> John C wrote:
>
>>Can't find these at SSA website. Does anyone have a zip of them?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>John
>>
>>Mike the Strike wrote:
>>
>>>A spectacular end to a week's fine soaring at the Region 9 contest in
>>>Arizona saw over 20 gliders on a 500km task that took them up on the
>>>high country with a final turn close to the south rim of the Grand
>>>Canyon. It was my first trip so close to the canyon and what a
>>>remarkable flight. Also note some of the 100-mile final glides from
>>>17,000+ feet.
>>>
>>>Those interested might want to check the flight logs, available on the
>>>SSA web site.
>>>
>>>Mike

They are still there. The links are just not named to make them easy to
find. If you can get to the Region 9 Contest Results page (from the main
contest results pull-down menu), just click on the links named "Day 6"
or "Day 5".

Or just use these links:
http://www.ssa.org/test/members/contestreports/contestflighttraces/20060603_Saturday.zip
http://www.ssa.org/test/members/contestreports/contestflighttraces/20060602_Fri.zip