PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge Utilities Available

Paul Remde
June 7th 06, 10:17 PM
Hi,

There have been a few issues with 302 flight log security failures this
year. Some of the failures can be avoided by making sure your 302 is
running the latest firmware (2.63) and by using the latest version of the
Cambridge 300 Utility (2.57) to download your flight logs to a PDA or PC.

Unfortunately, Cambridge has been unable to update the web page on which
they have their utilities. I have therefore made them available on my web
site here:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/cai_downloads.htm

The 302 firmware file (version 2.63) has not changed in several years, but
the 300 Utility was updated only a few months ago to version 2.57 for PDAs
and version 2.56 for PCs.

The firmware version in the 302 is displayed at power-up on the LCD display
on the 302.

If you find that the 300 Utility shows that your flight log does not pass
the validity checks after download - please try again several times. That
will most likely solve the problem. If it does not solve the problem then
contact Gary Kammerer at Cambridge at:(662) 280-7610. It is almost always
possible to get a valid flight log out of the 302 - assuming that the 302
shows that it is properly sealed.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Paul Buchanan
June 7th 06, 11:15 PM
Paul

Any plans to upgrade the firmware on the 302 or is it going ok and they only
will if there is a problem / bug?

I am using it in tandem with a 303 screen and a PDA running SeeYou Mobile
and its going fine. I guess most users would do something similar using CU
mobile. Strepla Pocket or Winpilot. Seeyou does regular updates fixing bugs
and adding features etc but Cambridge seems to be content as it is. Of
course I have no idea how upgradeable the 302/303 is and if SeeYou want to
supply the trick bits then I guess Cambridge have to do nothing.

Tony Verhulst
June 8th 06, 12:19 AM
Paul Remde wrote:

> Unfortunately, Cambridge has been unable to update the web page on which
> they have their utilities.

Errr, would you care to explain that one?

Tony V

Ray Lovinggood
June 8th 06, 12:43 AM
Paul,

My Ipaq has the utility file version 2.5.6.0 running,
so I downloaded the 'new' file.

The 'new' file, named '300 Utility iPAQ 257.exe' opens
up showing it is version '2.5.6.1'

Is version 2.5.6.1 supposedly the same as version 2.5.7?

What's up?

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina

At 21:18 07 June 2006, Paul Remde wrote:
>Hi,
>
>There have been a few issues with 302 flight log security
>failures this
>year. Some of the failures can be avoided by making
>sure your 302 is
>running the latest firmware (2.63) and by using the
>latest version of the
>Cambridge 300 Utility (2.57) to download your flight
>logs to a PDA or PC.
>
>Unfortunately, Cambridge has been unable to update
>the web page on which
>they have their utilities. I have therefore made them
>available on my web
>site here:
>http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/cai_downloads.htm
>
>The 302 firmware file (version 2.63) has not changed
>in several years, but
>the 300 Utility was updated only a few months ago to
>version 2.57 for PDAs
>and version 2.56 for PCs.
>
>The firmware version in the 302 is displayed at power-up
>on the LCD display
>on the 302.
>
>If you find that the 300 Utility shows that your flight
>log does not pass
>the validity checks after download - please try again
>several times. That
>will most likely solve the problem. If it does not
>solve the problem then
>contact Gary Kammerer at Cambridge at:(662) 280-7610.
> It is almost always
>possible to get a valid flight log out of the 302 -
>assuming that the 302
>shows that it is properly sealed.
>
>Good Soaring,
>
>Paul Remde
>Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Eric Greenwell
June 8th 06, 01:20 AM
Ray Lovinggood wrote:
> Paul,
>
> My Ipaq has the utility file version 2.5.6.0 running, so I downloaded
> the 'new' file.
>
> The 'new' file, named '300 Utility iPAQ 257.exe' opens up showing it
> is version '2.5.6.1'
>
> Is version 2.5.6.1 supposedly the same as version 2.5.7?

From Paul's website:

> Note: This is version 2.57 but the home screen in the software
> incorrectly shows that it is version 2.5.6.1.

So, I think you now have 2.57.

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

www.motorglider.org - Download "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane
Operation"

Ray Lovinggood
June 8th 06, 01:58 AM
Paul and Eric:

Duh.

Make note to self: R.T.F.S.

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 00:24 08 June 2006, Eric Greenwell wrote:
>Ray Lovinggood wrote:
>> Paul,
>>
>> My Ipaq has the utility file version 2.5.6.0 running,
>>so I downloaded
>> the 'new' file.
>>
>> The 'new' file, named '300 Utility iPAQ 257.exe' opens
>>up showing it
>> is version '2.5.6.1'
>>
>> Is version 2.5.6.1 supposedly the same as version
>>2.5.7?
>
> From Paul's website:
>
>> Note: This is version 2.57 but the home screen in
>>the software
>> incorrectly shows that it is version 2.5.6.1.
>
>So, I think you now have 2.57.
>
>--
>Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly
>
>Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
>
>www.motorglider.org - Download 'A Guide to Self-launching
>Sailplane
>Operation'

Paul Remde
June 8th 06, 02:25 PM
Hi Paul,

That is a tough question to answer. If you have any issues with the 302
firmware then let us know so we can try to get them addressed.

Paul Remde

"Paul Buchanan" > wrote in message
> Paul
>
> Any plans to upgrade the firmware on the 302 or is it going ok and they
> only
> will if there is a problem / bug?
>
> I am using it in tandem with a 303 screen and a PDA running SeeYou Mobile
> and its going fine. I guess most users would do something similar using CU
> mobile. Strepla Pocket or Winpilot. Seeyou does regular updates fixing
> bugs
> and adding features etc but Cambridge seems to be content as it is. Of
> course I have no idea how upgradeable the 302/303 is and if SeeYou want to
> supply the trick bits then I guess Cambridge have to do nothing.

Paul Remde
June 8th 06, 02:26 PM
Hi Tony,

I'm not certain of the details.

Paul Remde

"Tony Verhulst" > wrote in message
> Paul Remde wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, Cambridge has been unable to update the web page on which
>> they have their utilities.
>
> Errr, would you care to explain that one?
>
> Tony V

Paul Remde
June 8th 06, 02:27 PM
Hi Roy,

I mention that minor bug in version 2.5.7 on my web site next to the link to
the file you downloaded.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.