PDA

View Full Version : About how much does a 1969 Eisenburg Gruber model APR 1812 trailer weigh?

June 8th 06, 12:03 AM
Yes, it's a glider trailer. Looks kinda like a two-wheeled torpedo
with only one fin.

I'm not clear if I can tow one even empty as the person who has it
doesn't know either. I'm limited to 1500 lbs. Gliders are light, so
I figure the trailer might be too. But at 28 ft long I doubt it is
under
1500 lbs.

--

FF

Lots of aircraft stuff for sale:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.marketplace/msg/f3d8c45c1ae06e6c?dmode=source&hl=en

Frank Whiteley
June 8th 06, 01:13 AM
wrote:
> Yes, it's a glider trailer. Looks kinda like a two-wheeled torpedo
> with only one fin.
>
> I'm not clear if I can tow one even empty as the person who has it
> doesn't know either. I'm limited to 1500 lbs. Gliders are light, so
> I figure the trailer might be too. But at 28 ft long I doubt it is
> under
> 1500 lbs.
>
> --
>
> FF
>
> Lots of aircraft stuff for sale:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.marketplace/msg/f3d8c45c1ae06e6c?dmode=source&hl=en

Depends, but 700-800lbs isn't uncommon.

Three SGU2-22's listed on the link also.

Frank

June 8th 06, 02:39 PM
Frank Whiteley wrote:

> > Lots of aircraft stuff for sale:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.marketplace/msg/f3d8c45c1ae06e6c?dmode=source&hl=en
>
> Depends, but 700-800lbs isn't uncommon.
>
> Three SGU2-22's listed on the link also.

Yes, but keep in mind they are projects. The one I saw had made an off
field landing by punching a hole in the roof of an apartment building.
The student got out into the attic and took the stairs down, the
istructor had to wait on the roof until someone came with a ladder.
You can probably have THAT one real cheap.

--

FF

Eric Greenwell
June 8th 06, 03:52 PM
wrote:
> Frank Whiteley wrote:

>> Three SGU2-22's listed on the link also.
>>

> Yes, but keep in mind they are projects. The one I saw had made an off
> field landing by punching a hole in the roof of an apartment building.
> The student got out into the attic and took the stairs down, the
> istructor had to wait on the roof until someone came with a ladder.
> You can probably have THAT one real cheap.

Now THAT'S a story I'd like to see in Soaring!

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

www.motorglider.org - Download "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane
Operation"

June 8th 06, 09:58 PM
Eric Greenwell wrote:
> wrote:
> > Frank Whiteley wrote:
>
> >> Three SGU2-22's listed on the link also.
> >>

> > Yes, but keep in mind they are projects. The one I saw had made an off
> > field landing by punching a hole in the roof of an apartment building.
> > The student got out into the attic and took the stairs down, the
> > istructor had to wait on the roof until someone came with a ladder.
> > You can probably have THAT one real cheap.
>
> Now THAT'S a story I'd like to see in Soaring!

Well I have been told the other three were also crashed
and/or left out in the elements for too long. They may be
suitable for recovering and display, not sure if they could
be airworthy again. The will be very low cost.

Am I right to suppsoe the worse issue is exposure, making
it difficult to determine or trust the integrity of the frame?

I'm going to stop out there tonight to see the inventory of
wrecked, never finished, partly finished partly restored and ???
aircraft tonight.

--

FF

Google