PDA

View Full Version : Re: Concorde - join the campaign

Jack
June 9th 06, 03:15 AM
kenny wrote:
> "Paul Tomblin" > wrote in message
>
>> Cessna also once pointed out that the Citation X is the fastest aircraft
>> ever built without government money.
>

> Indeed, the aircraft design team was awarded the Collier Trophy for
> their work.
>
> It only illustrates my earlier point. The engineering to design &
> build a supersonic commercial airliner is entirely possible. What
> is preventing it are the bean counters!

Change that to read "customers", instead of "bean counters".

Your company spends money with no thought of return, I suppose? They
won't be moving at .92 for long if that is the case.

Jack

Graeme Cant
June 10th 06, 11:33 AM
Jack wrote:
> wrote:
>> It only illustrates my earlier point. The engineering to design &
>> build a supersonic commercial airliner is entirely possible. What
>> is preventing it are the bean counters!
>
> Change that to read "customers", instead of "bean counters".
>
> Your company spends money with no thought of return, I suppose? They
> won't be moving at .92 for long if that is the case.

Change that to read taxpayers.

Check kenny's email address, Jack. HIS company will move at whatever
speed it damn well pleases and all it takes is YOUR money.

Just pay and get it over with.

GC

> Jack

Jack
June 11th 06, 04:47 AM
Graeme Cant wrote:

> Check kenny's email address, Jack. HIS company will move at whatever
> speed it damn well pleases and all it takes is YOUR money.

Yes, check his email address, Graeme -- it doesn't exist. Another P. T.
Barnum sucker-punch, as phony as "Kenney's" daydreams of the Concorde,
that blot on commercial aviation which served mostly to waste fuel, tax
money, the environment, and lives in a search for yet another Jingoistic
Corporate ego massage.

The dozens of airlines who optioned and then refused Concorde, leaving
the Governments of Britain and France deservedly holding the bag, are
powerful evidence that the "bean-counters" were right, as were the
directors who actually made the [non]investment decisions.

Jack

Google