PDA

View Full Version : NEED BALLAST BAGS

June 9th 06, 06:58 PM
All,
I need to replace the ballast bags in my ASW-20C. Wings and Wheels
does not have any, nor does John Murray at Eastern Sailplane. John
says his Smiley supplier appears to no longer be in business, leaving
only the Schleicher factory as a source.
I suspect the factory will be horribly expensive, so if anyone has a
set they would like to sell, or know where I might find a set, I'd
appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

Graeme Cant
June 10th 06, 11:39 AM
I bought a set for a 20B made here (Oz) about three years ago. I can
find the name of the manufacturer if you'd like. What sort of price
were you hoping for?

GC

wrote:
> All,
> I need to replace the ballast bags in my ASW-20C. Wings and Wheels
> does not have any, nor does John Murray at Eastern Sailplane. John
> says his Smiley supplier appears to no longer be in business, leaving
> only the Schleicher factory as a source.
> I suspect the factory will be horribly expensive, so if anyone has a
> set they would like to sell, or know where I might find a set, I'd
> appreciate any feedback.
> Thanks!

June 11th 06, 03:11 PM
I was hoping to pay no more than about $400 delivered to my door. Just
by looking at them, ballast bags should not be that expensive. The
materials are not exotic, and the fittings are crude at best. I'll bet
there is less than $50 in materials alone.
Thanks for checking!

Graeme Cant wrote:
> I bought a set for a 20B made here (Oz) about three years ago. I can
> find the name of the manufacturer if you'd like. What sort of price
> were you hoping for?
>
> GC
>
> wrote:
> > All,
> > I need to replace the ballast bags in my ASW-20C. Wings and Wheels
> > does not have any, nor does John Murray at Eastern Sailplane. John
> > says his Smiley supplier appears to no longer be in business, leaving
> > only the Schleicher factory as a source.
> > I suspect the factory will be horribly expensive, so if anyone has a
> > set they would like to sell, or know where I might find a set, I'd
> > appreciate any feedback.
> > Thanks!

Graeme Cant
June 12th 06, 05:04 AM
Fine. I'll ask the guys who ordered and installed my bags.

GC

wrote:
> I was hoping to pay no more than about $400 delivered to my door. Just
> by looking at them, ballast bags should not be that expensive. The
> materials are not exotic, and the fittings are crude at best. I'll bet
> there is less than $50 in materials alone.
> Thanks for checking!
>
> Graeme Cant wrote:
>> I bought a set for a 20B made here (Oz) about three years ago. I can
>> find the name of the manufacturer if you'd like. What sort of price
>> were you hoping for?
>>
>> GC
>>
>> wrote:
>>> All,
>>> I need to replace the ballast bags in my ASW-20C. Wings and Wheels
>>> does not have any, nor does John Murray at Eastern Sailplane. John
>>> says his Smiley supplier appears to no longer be in business, leaving
>>> only the Schleicher factory as a source.
>>> I suspect the factory will be horribly expensive, so if anyone has a
>>> set they would like to sell, or know where I might find a set, I'd
>>> appreciate any feedback.
>>> Thanks!

Google